Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Celebrations Challenge!

• Display

Default Re: Small Celebrations Challenge!

This is a ridiculously small celebration! Perfect for this thread!

I have an avocado in my lunch today and I'm really excited about eating it! I LOVE avocados! ... I'm really looking forward to getting hungry in another hour our so! Lol

2. Default Re: Small Celebrations Challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by UnderwaterAmy View Post
    This is a ridiculously small celebration! Perfect for this thread!

I have an avocado in my lunch today and I'm really excited about eating it! I LOVE avocados! ... I'm really looking forward to getting hungry in another hour our so! Lol
    doesn't seem to take much to excite you, amy.
    for your palate pleasure >>>>> 100 Ways to Use an Avocado {some are friendly, some are not}

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS
    ​​​​​​​​+30

What a stressful weekend! Have had a sense for about 6 weeks that my Mother has not been well, but she has stubbornly insisted that she is fine, and promised to go to the Doctor but never did. I woke up with such a sense of unease on Saturday and finally put my foot down, would not take no for an answer and forced her to go to the Doctor.

Good thing too as her BP was 218/71 and her Haemoglobin level was 6 (Normal level is 12). She was immediately admitted for internal bleeding and possible heart failure. She had 2 blood transfusions today, and as I was sitting next to her and looking up at the drip I wondered whose blood it was that she was receiving, and I said a 'thank you' to all those faceless, anonymous people out there who donate blood and save other people's lives without knowing who and when they are helping someone

So my celebration today is for the spirit of humanity from those people who give without reward and literally save someone's life without the need for recognition or any form of thanks - we all need to do these random acts of kindness, it makes the world a better place

Oh geez. Had to share this for a laugh. So... In the spirit of supporting my losing weight, and our ongoing strive to stay "couple sane" in the last few months to our wedding surge, doing fun things together so we don't kill one another... My fiancÚ agreed to walk 2 miles to and 2 miles from the grocery store with me today (4 miles total). We adorned ourselves with backpacks and our grocery list, and booked it- sweaty and in 90 degree heat to the store.

All was fine until we paid in the self-check out and realized it wouldn't all fit in our three small back packs. So he opened the "raw brown sugar" packs (for him) and poured the 200 packets into our respective bags to make room sans the box. I also couldn't fit the toilet paper, so I ended up carrying an 8- pack in hand 2 miles home. Lol.

And then mid-way thru our return walk-he starts to pour water over his head to cool off (the groceries are a little heavy in the heat) and then realized that he's wearing the sugar packs in the back pack in his front, like a baby moby. Oops. He ended up like a wet, sticky, sugary mess.

Anyway, I have to say I'm grateful for him entertaining my idea to kill two birds with one stone (workout/grocery shop) despite the chaos. And proud to say I sped walked 4 miles today since Kick-boxing box was closed. AND a killer ab workout driven by my health-freak fiancÚ afterwards.

Yay, for it all. I think.
    F/35/5'10"
    SW:201 CW:181.0 GW: (a fit) 160-165

"SHE THOUGHT SHE COULD. SO SHE DID."
    X3x9x6

That's fantastic SC! What a fabulous story! You totally made my morning!

My little celebration is that I'm finally able to work on my new home today!

Long hours at work, overtime on the weekends, agreed-to outings and plans made before I knew my schedule was going to go nuts has left me with shelves unbuilt, clothes unhung, furniture unassembled, and a third of my possessions still un-retrieved... lol
    But today is the day!
    I'm going to start with a healthy breakfast, then get to work! Hooray!

Today's celebration...I went right down to the wire, but I reached goal on both the pushups challenge and the abs challenge! Heck YA!

I went to a Mexican restaurant and stayed true to induction. No chips and salsa!
    Brandee

"Nothing tastes better than being thin"
    mini goal #1: 255 - check
    mini goal #2: 235 -

Images

Ohhh and chips and salsa are SUCH a temptation. Go you!

I started a mile walk away the pounds video and have done it every day this week. AND I'm enjoying it! Woo!
    ~Kristi

Started: 165 - 11/27/15
    1st Goal: 160
    2nd Goal: 155
    3rd Goal: 150
    4th Goal: 145
    5th Goal: 140
    6th Goal: 135

Images

I haven't eaten the apricots and custard in a bowl in the fridge...I shall scrape it in the bin if it's there much longer. Twice I nearly reached for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Janet McArdle Bird View Post
    I haven't eaten the apricots and custard in a bowl in the fridge...I shall scrape it in the bin if it's there much longer. Twice I nearly reached for it!
    That's real celebration of willpower!

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast