Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Celebrations Challenge!

• Display

Default Small Celebrations Challenge!

I've seen the "good karma" and "no negatives" challenges, and this is along those lines, but a little different.

I believe that we all need to celebrate our little victories as often as we can!

I challenge you to post about something you can celebrate about today!

If you got a new job, or got engaged - that's great, feel free to post, but what we're really looking for is building the behavior of seeing the good even when we've had a tough day, or it seems nothing spectacular happened.

Did you walk away from the bagels at work? Hooray!! Bravo!
    Did you park far away from the store and walk the extra distance? Awesome! Did you have great service at a restaurant and decide to tell the manager?
    Did you have a situation that didn't go as planned, but you managed to see the good in it anyway? Yay!

You can post whenever you wish! ...
    For the purpose of building a positive behavior I'm going to make a recommendation:
    I suggest that you favorite the thread, and each evening (maybe after dinner?) You post *something* positive about your day.
    ...even if all you can think of to post is "I read this thread and it made me smile"

I *know* you can think of something! Give it a try!
    Practice seeing the positive, even on the days you have look a little harder!

Will you accept the challenge?

Default Re: Small Celebrations Challenge!

My first mini-celebration is....
    I touched my toes today! Legs straight, standing, it took a little bit of stretching... but I did it!
    I touched my toes! Hooray!

Sounds great, Amy! Count me in.

My mini celebration is that I went to a big supermarket today and although I only wanted a few items, I walked up and down every aisle, just for the exercise. It's not much, but every little bit helps keep me moving.
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

Images

I walked up and down every aisle, just for the exercise.
    That is a good idea...there are some aisles I never go down ie crisps...

Mum just offered me a choc ice...I refused!

Images

A letter addressed to the care home a quarter mile ago arrived two days ago, instead of giving it to the pistie as I pkanned I walked there and put it into the letterbox - it was beautiful weater and I enjoyed it very much to walk.
    Best regards
    -Lori

Started at 24th June 2013: 158kg (348 lbs)
    My goal weight is: 70kg (155 lbs)

Blueberry, Janet, and Lori - y'all are AWESOME!

Three cheers and a high-five to each of you!

Hooray!!

I'm going to jump in with one more for today! ...I walked away from a tray of cupcakes!
    Now I'm on my way out for a yummy rib-eye steak dinner! Whoot!

Today I'm celebrating that I got a great start on the pushup challenge for March! Whoot!

Default Small Celebrations Challenge!

Today I'm celebrating FINALLY going wedding dress shopping! I got into size 12s!!!!. First time I've ever put one of those suckers on in my whole life... Waited way too long to go shopping (Im only 6 mos out) due to the gain and was told if I hadn't lost the weight I have this far I would've been looking at 16/18s or not be able to try some I liked on! Whoopeeeee it's working and I've waited for this day once I decided to get healthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    F/35/5'10"
    SW:201 CW:181.0 GW: (a fit) 160-165

"SHE THOUGHT SHE COULD. SO SHE DID."
    X3x9x6

*Happy Dance for SC!*

Woot!

I'm so glad you posted!!
    That's fantastic!

I've been swimming laps for 35 years but had never even thought about the distance I cover but, since I'm in the Mileage Challenge, I figured out how far I swim in a hour and was amazed to learn that I have been swimming 1.2 miles all this time! I think that just incredible!
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast