Thread: Thyroid function improving!

• Display

Default Thyroid function improving!

I have been on synthroid tab 0.1 mg (or synthriod 100) for 2 years now. I have a great endro Dr that is very thorough, but he has warned that I will eventually need a higher dose, because I guess thats just what happens.

I had labs drawn a year ago and they were within normal range. Well, 15 days after starting Atkins, my tsh is showing too low and free t-4 levels are showing too high. He is reducing my dosage!

I did some googling and found that soy can be a huge factor in thyroid absorption. I haven't had any soy, other than what's in my mayo, and I believe that might possibly be one factor as to why my levels have changed. Any thoughts or has this happened to any of you?

Default Re: Thyroid function improving!

I can't offer any enlightenment but would like to say CONGRATULATIONS on the improved function.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Default Re: Thyroid function improving!

Other foods can impact thyroid function, especially in the gut, such as wheat, sugar, other grains, processed foods, etc. They cause inflammation which also can affect the thyroid, adrenals, etc. Atkins eliminates many of these foods from your diet which allows the body to heal.

I was also able to reduce my thyroid medication. But also found that I do better on both T4 and T3 medication, not just T4 alone, so make sure your doctor is checking both of those plus TPO.
    347/182/150 ~ 5'2" OWL Rung 9

Female/Hypothyroidism/Arthritis/Fibromyalgia - If I can lose weight on this, so can you!
    bizzlekitty's journal My Before and During pics