Thread: Resistance Training vs. Cardio Both are Important But......

• Display

Blog Entries

Default Resistance Training vs. Cardio Both are Important But......

I belong to a gym. And I do resistance training as well as cardio. But I'm kinda going about it blind. Do I push myself as far as weight or do more reps? Typically I do three sets of 15 at as high a weight as I can successfully push. Is this right? I want to tone, not build more muscle, I already am lumpy and bumpy enough.

Check Out My Journal at:
    Diary Of A New Me... Starting Four Days Ago!

Images

Default Re: Resistance Training vs. Cardio Both are Important But......

I was just thinking about how I've learned how to do the exercise that I do every day and that's because I've used my DVDs as my trainers, and pushed myself day by day to strive to do exactly what they say. The reason I mention it is because I would definitely have NO idea at all about how to exercise. Is there any way that you can hire a trainer to help teach you an exercise routine? If not, perhaps you can watch some youtube videos for the area you are working on so that you don't do more than you should at one time.
    ~Kristi

Started: 165 - 11/27/15
    1st Goal: 160
    2nd Goal: 155
    3rd Goal: 150
    4th Goal: 145
    5th Goal: 140
    6th Goal: 135

Default Re: Resistance Training vs. Cardio Both are Important But......

As far as i know (all the trainers tell this): more reps, small weight - you lose weight (fat), less reps, but with big weight - you build muscles, cardio - you lose weight. so just choose yourself what you want and go ahead;-)