Thread: Ginger-Lime Water

• Display

Default Ginger-Lime Water

My own recipe.

1 pitcher of water
    1 ounce ginger root
    1 lime

Scrub the ginger root and lime, cleaning off any dirt. Peel the ginger root if you want (I don't since I scrub it well.)

Slice the lime thinly, I get about 6 slices out of a typical lime.

Slice the ginger root as thinly as possible.

Add the ginger and lime to the water. Let it rest in the frig a few hours (the longer it soaks the stronger the flavor).

Lemon works too.

If I don't have a lemon or lime handy, I use lemon balm (which grows like a weed in my garden). For that I use about 4 to 5 long sprigs in the pitcher.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Images

Default Re: Ginger-Lime Water

Sounds cool...and cooling; even though ginger is peppery.
    Thanks Megs
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

F/64 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 59.9 kg.

You would think the ginger would warm rather than refresh on a hot summer's day, but it's refreshing. When I sip it after working on my garden, I can feel my spine get chilly.

I guess it works on the same principle as eating hot chilies in warm climates to induce sweating.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    My blog:

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Oh I love such kinds of tea/drinks! I also make my own ginger water;-) But besides ginger and lime/lemon i also put mint leaves and cinnamon! very very tasty besides the fact that cinnamon and ginger speed up your metabolism;-)

Does anyone know about essential oils in water? There is ginger and lime essential oil. Its pretty amazing. I have had both.

You would probably have to use just drops because the essential oils are more concentrated. And you'd have to make sure these essential oils are safe for consumption, because some of them are not and used for perfume or candle making.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    My blog:

Thanks not2late for that disclaimer!
    Oils for perfumes and candles are called 3rd distilation oils. The first distilled are for consumption. If anyone reads this and are interested, plant therapy has the best ethics and their stuff is pure for ingestion. Plus they are considerably cheaper too. Usually on the bottles it will say, "not for consumption" if they aren't ment to be ingested. Like my bottle of eucalyptus. Peppermint, cinnamon, citrus oils, even lavender *really* help with easing the tension of cravings or mood swings. I drink lemon water everyday. And I use lavender for my baby and if I have anxiety. It is so nice to smell lemon essential oil when Im fedling sluggish in the day it gives me a mental boost. So does rosemary. I only buy organic oils if I can I used to be a rep for Doterra. I wanted the best and thought they were, but they arent after all. Took me like a year to figure that out. Lol

heaviest: 280 Current:250 Goal:170. ditched the scale for good!