Thread: Candy Macaroons (Nut-Free) OWL

• Display

Images

Default Candy Macaroons (Nut-Free) OWL

PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes. BAKING TIME: 30 to 34 minutes (requires two cookie sheets).
    SERVING SIZE: one 1⁄3-ounce macaroon. AMOUNT PER SERVING: 0.8 gram of
    carbs, less than 1.0 gram of protein. TOTAL YIELD: forty-eight 1⁄2-ounce pieces.

1⁄2 cup DiabetiSweet Brown Sugar Substitute
    10 tablespoons unsalted butter (11⁄4stick), soft
    2 tablespoons water
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Salt a little
    3 cups unsweetened coconut, finely grated
    3 egg whites
    Total carbs 33.8 g Total protein 28.0 g
    Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Use two large cookie sheets with silicone-coated liners.
    Put the sugar, 8 tablespoons of butter (reserve 2 tablespoons), water, vanilla extract, and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan. Use medium-low heat to begin with and stir continuously for 5 minutes (a wooden spoon works well for this). Reduce the heat when the mixture begins to bubble. Remove the pan from the heat.

Stir in the remaining butter. Wait about 10 minutes and stir in the coconut. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until they are totally stiff. Fold the coconut mixture into the egg whites. Set small mounds on the cookie sheets. The cookies will flatten out slightly as they bake.
    Bake the cookies for about 15 to 17 minutes per batch until they are golden brown all over. Transfer them to a cooling rack. Avoid a humid environment. These cookies will keep well for a few days and can be frozen. They can also be left out if you like crunchy cookies.

Source: The Low-Carb Baking and Dessert Cookbook by Ursula Solom
    Induction: done
    Oct 27 OWL: Rung 2
    Jan 1 2015: back to Induction weight 135.3 lbs Jan 7 133.98 lbs
    Jan 2015, as I don't lose weight I guess that 134 in now my weight so I believe that I'm in Maintenance with 20 g of carbs

My stats: Age: 63 years young Height: 5'5" Weight goal was 125 lbs my stabilized weight 134 lbs.

Default Re: Candy Macaroons (Nut-Free) OWL

I thought they stopped making the DiabetiSweet Brown Sugar Substitute??
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
    ~~Herodotus

Doin' the "Real Deal" Atkins 2002 since 9/15/2005
    x5

Images

Default Re: Candy Macaroons (Nut-Free) OWL

Sunny this is an old recipe I have. When I do it I use a normal sugar substitute that is good for baking.
    As I live in Spain the DiabetiSweet Brown Sugar Substitute is not available.
    Induction: done
    Oct 27 OWL: Rung 2
    Jan 1 2015: back to Induction weight 135.3 lbs Jan 7 133.98 lbs
    Jan 2015, as I don't lose weight I guess that 134 in now my weight so I believe that I'm in Maintenance with 20 g of carbs

My stats: Age: 63 years young Height: 5'5" Weight goal was 125 lbs my stabilized weight 134 lbs.