Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you do portion control the right way?

• Display

Default Re: How do you do portion control the right way?

I do have occassional peanut butter, beef, beef jerky, almonds, chicken, peacans, bacon. I lost a lot of weight on the Atkins. I take multi mineral and multi vitamins.

Hey groove I remember looking at your menu you posted here before. I hope it has changed. Have you tried posting what you are eating now? I hope you have ditched the peanut butter, milk, 12 eggs per day and Atkins bars. Very few people lose weight on Atkins Bars. I also see from past posts you go off plan often. That sets me back 2 weeks sometimes for just one meal off plan. I think you are not familiar with the Atkins diet. I suspect you have never truly been in ketosis which is why you are hungry often. And your diet should be a lot more varied. Eating the same meals every day is the reason you cheat probably - you get bored.

Have you tried plugging your amounts into fitday and seeing where you are going wrong?

Posting your menu again will help the oldtimers help you out better!

PS - chicken, beef and bacon are allowed from induction to maintenance - so right there I suspect you don't know what to eat and what not to eat. Nuts are allowed on future rungs. Peanut butter should be checked for sugar. Beef jerky almost always has sugar in it as well. Go back and look up Atkins induction foods. This way of eating leaves very little wiggle room (especially in your first 3 months) for "playing" with non legal foods. Just skip them and you will lose weight and not be ravenous all the time.
    Restarted Atkins 1/6/2017
    SW 229.6
    CW 210.4
    GW 138

By perseverance the snail reached the ark.~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

OWL Rung 1

Hey thank you much. The quantity of peanut butter that I eat has only roughly 8 grams of sugars per day. The beef jerky that I eat also has 4 grams of sugar. That sums to 12 grams of sugar per day. I think this is where it threw me off I bet.
    I was guesstimating in my head my ICLL would be around 50-60 grams.

I want to skip induction and start from OWL. The atkins website mentions anyone can start from phase 2. I did induction before and it was horrible. I had a lot of horrible symptoms. I would never want to go through that again!
    I am 19 pounds from ideal weight and I think I can start form OWL.

What I had yesterday and today for OWL: Eggs, broccoli, almonds, beef, chicken, peanut butter, pecans, walnuts, 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, green tea, 4 pieces of full fat string cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by groove311 View Post
    I was guesstimating in my head my ICLL would be around 50-60 grams.

I want to skip induction and start from OWL. The atkins website mentions anyone can start from phase 2. I did induction before and it was horrible. I had a lot of horrible symptoms. I would never want to go through that again!
    I am 19 pounds from ideal weight and I think I can start form OWL.
    Your choice, but there is nothing I can say that you want to hear, so I bow out. This forum goes by the 2002 book written by Dr. Atkins, himself, and bears no resemblance to the atkins.com website, whose whole reason for being is to sell the low-carb junk food that Dr. Atkins despised. Of course they say anyone can start from Phase 2, because that means they can recommend even more questionably low-carb junk. They even say it's okay to eat bars and shakes on Phase 1 which contain ingredients not allowed on their liberal Phase 1.

Just so you know, you are not doing Phase 2 of the new Atkins Diet, and definitely not doing Phase 2 of Dr. Atkins Diet. You are not doing Atkins at all. You cannot "guesstimate" CCLL on either diet. You can't just pick a number out of your head. Establishing your CCLL is a process and cannot be skipped.

I do wish you well on your journey. You are the master of your own destiny, so the choices are yours to make.
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
    ~~Herodotus

Doin' the "Real Deal" Atkins 2002 since 9/15/2005
    x5

Hi groove,

You are doing it wrong. That diet isn't Atkins at all. You are doing your own diet and I wish I had known before I took so long to answer you. I just saw that you have been here since at least June and criticize Atkins woe often and don't appear to take advice. You've been here long enough (with expert advice) to know what you should be doing. It's not hard. You eat this and you don't eat that. You increase carbs gradually and you never eat sugar. You just don't want to hear it.

I hope you find your way. Truly - good luck to you.
    Restarted Atkins 1/6/2017
    SW 229.6
    CW 210.4
    GW 138

By perseverance the snail reached the ark.~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

OWL Rung 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12