Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you do portion control the right way?

• Display

Default How do you do portion control the right way?

I tend to overeat in the low carb diet. I feel myself until I am about 90% full.
    How do you do portion control?

Images

Default Re: How do you do portion control the right way?

I'm hungry the first three days but after that my appetite decreases significantly. I measure my veggies and then just eat till I'm satisfied on protein which I make sure is fatty. I had to learn to stop when I was satisfied. Many many lifetimes ago on Atkins.
    F

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7c0zEG/weight.png

The only "portion" you need to control on Atkins is carbs. Usually by the end of induction you have lost your appetite and have a hard time remembering to eat every six hours.
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
    ~~Herodotus

Doin' the "Real Deal" Atkins 2002 since 9/15/2005
    x5

Portion control is my nemesis too. We just keep trying and doing our best.
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

During induction portion control is easy. After a few days the appetite comes right back. Try it and you'll see.
    That's a reason you don't see most Atkins people who get to their ideal weight.

Images

Are you eating enough fat? One of the best things about Atkins is that you can eat until you are full. Also wondering where you got the idea that people don't get to their ideal weight? People who stay on plan do get there. I lost double the amount I set out to lose (in half the time) and that was 2.5 years ago.

During induction portion control is easy. After a few days the appetite comes right back. Try it and you'll see.
    I did try it--I've been doing Atkins for years and my appetite is in control just fine. I still have to keep an eye on the clock to remind myself to eat or I forget. Of course, I did actually read the book (many times) and did induction and OWL correctly.
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
    ~~Herodotus

x5

My appetite was incredible controlled. Then one time I cheated a few times and I got off track. Since then it's been a different story. I could eat 3 medium meals a day and be satisfied.
    I'm doing the same thing I did before so :\

When you go on OWL Phase, the portion control is still net carbs, as Sunny implied. OWL is the addition of 5 net carbs of the foods on the Carbohydrate Ladder ----in their order.

So when you begin OWL, you start by adding 5 net carbs of any OWL Rung 1 food to your daily menu. OWL Rung 1 foods are the Induction vegetables. After a week or two, if you are still losing weight with the addition of 5 net carbs to your daily menu, you move to OWL Rung 2 and add another 5 net carbs. After a week or two and you are still losing weight with the OWl Rung 2 carb addition, you move to OWL Rung 3 and so forth. I must caution you that you add 5 net carbs, with the exception of the OWL Rung 3 the Nut/Seed rung. You only add 1 ounce of nuts or seeds, not 5 net carbs of them.

If you should stop losing weight as you go up the Carb ladder, decease your carbs by 5 and see what happens. If you lose weight, congrats, you've found your CCLL.

If during your OWL experience you find that you have symptoms of blood sugar instability (ex, cravings), look at your menu and see what food you added. Eliminate that food and see if your symptoms go away. If they do, congrats, you have found a food that you are sensitive to and now you know that food and your body don't mix well. When you reach Pre-Maintenance Phase or Maintenance Phase you can try that food again to see if it still has that effect.

Anyhow, I looked at your previous posts. Since you never really did Induction and started your diet by eating 60 grams of carbs daily mostly from broccoli, I don't see how you can say that portion control is easy during Induction.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Quote Originally Posted by groove311 View Post
    That's a reason you don't see most Atkins people who get to their ideal weight.
    I just went back and reviewed your previous posts and realized you have never been doing any form of Atkins Diet, not even the new Atkins diet. You never did induction. I started to come to that conclusion by the questions you have asked over the last few days about olive oil, broccoli and eating 7 eggs at one time. You have also had lap band surgery, take appetite suppressants and prescription weight loss drugs. I find it incredible that you could eat 7 eggs at one time after having lap band surgery. Having known four people personally who had lap band surgery, I would think it would be physically impossible to eat 6 scrambled eggs in olive oil and broccoli in one sitting.

All this to lose weight and your diet is still incredibly unhealthy. If you truly want to reach your goal weight, then buy Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and read it and actually do the diet as written, starting with a clean induction. A diet of eggs and broccoli is not sustainable over a lifetime.
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

~~Herodotus

x5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast