Thread: How did your weightloss change?

• Display

Images

Default How did your weightloss change?

Right now I'm in extended induction. The book says that you can lose weight faster while doing induction. And while I want to lose weight quickly I am also eager to move into OWL. How did your weight loss change once you left induction? Did it slow down noticeably?
    F

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7c0zEG/weight.png

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: How did your weightloss change?

No not really. I think the weight loss slows down no matter what you do for most of us. Some stalls around week 3 for a bit and this is not really dependent on whether they stayed in induction or not. And for others we often see that when they add more veggise s (which is OWL rung one on the Atkins 2002 program) that weight seems to come off quicker than it had on extended induction.

The main thing about OWL, in my opinion, is to take it slow. When you start adding a few more veggie carbs stay with veggies for a bit and experiment for more than a week. Try new veggies and new recipes. The same when you move to dairy. Also if you have a lot to lose don't be a rush to get to the end maybe have a good long pause on OWL by the time you finish rung 4.

The good thing about OWL is it adds interest in trying new things and teaches you about how to live low carb.

So my story first time I went through it ... I stuck on induction for about 4 weeks and the went to OWL carefully - weightloss seemed fine until maybe the last 10 lbs which were for me very hard to lose (and has been hard to keep off)

Moving onto OWL actually helped me start losing again. I started September 22nd and yesterday began Rung 3. I "stalled" at week 3 & 4 - and kept working the Rungs as the book says and I've only been losing more lbs and inches. I had a 1/4 T of peanut butter (organic, no sugar) yesterday to slowly start adding Rung 3 and I lost a pound overnight. I've also upped my fat intake which started weight loss again too.

Like Liv said above, go slow, and follow the book - OWL doesn't have to be scary, and in my case it helped me start losing again.

Good-Luck!
    EW78

Goal: To master the Rungs and make Atkins a WOL for my health.

Images

Ew- we started the same day!!!

Luv- good advice. I will take it slow.

One of the reasons I'm hesitant is because I have a lot of food allergies. Out of the different rungs I can't have dairy, nuts, berries, and I'm very sensitive to legumes. Im still losing now, but I also exercise a lot.
    F

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7c0zEG/weight.png

I had a lot to lost (147 pounds) so I stayed on induction for five months. I did really well for the first three or so months, but then stalled out for nearly two months, no matter how much exercise I did (I am disabled and was virtually bed bound when I started) and I did silly things like the fat fast, meat & eggs only days, and being even stricter on veggie carbs. Finally I was convinced to move ahead to rung one and almost immediately the pounds started coming off. Over the next 90 days I lost another 27 pounds. I love veggies, so this was party time. I kept adding LC veggies during this time, and I think some nut butters, but it was a long time before I tried the higher rungs.
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
    ~~Herodotus

Doin' the "Real Deal" Atkins 2002 since 9/15/2005
    x5

I have candida issues that slow my losses. I go VERY slowly when adding new foods so I know exactly how they affect me. I need a grain free, dairy free, fruit free, alcohol free, mushroom free, fermented/pickled free food plan in order to lose and I figured this out ONLY by trying new foods and seeing what happened. Yes, trying a food can slow you down but aat least then you know it doesnt work and won't be wondering why you are stalled. It is an elimination process.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/