Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vegetables are making me sick

• Display

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: vegetables are making me sick

What kind of carb items can you eat?

that's what I would like to know! So far what I'm getting is mostly from dairy. I am trying to eat vegetables, and sometimes I can, usually as part of dinner, so I get some there. My carbs are very low, but since my calories also are, I'm not losing much.

Blog Entries
    Images

Your calories being low has nothing to do with veggies. There are not that many calories in the veggies you are supposed to eat in the very beginning (especially in the small quantieties we are allowed). On induction only a tiny percentage of our calories come from veggies.
    before you went on a diet what was your diet like? Just trying to find out what you may be able to do
    Fruit, berries, legumes, anything like that?

My diet for the last year has been a lot of dairy, eggs, fruit, and pastured/grass-fed meats (not a lot of meat, it's expensive!) I didn't eat much cured meat (I'm eating more now), and I ate very few vegetables--I could easily go weeks without eating any, or if I had some, it might be a potato or a sweet potato, or in the summer, tomatoes and basil. I ate more fruit, but not even a lot of that. A little whole grain bread--and sugar, of course, whenever possible. I clearly have a problem with sugar in terms of wanting it too much, missing it too much, feeling too good when I have it. I am going to try some shredded zucchini with butter today, which I've had before and liked. I think part of the problem is that along with cheese and eggs, I've been eating almost exclusively cured meats for the past three weeks because that's what my farmer has; I wonder if that's making more more nauseated in general and then the vegetables are just over the top. I'm supposed to pick up an order tomorrow that will have uncured meats, though, and that may help with the nausea too. If I make some spicy marinated flank steak, I bet I can eat some lettuce and tomato with that and some cheese and guacamole. Thank you for your interest!

Try eating the vegetables cooked. Cooking them often makes them more digestible.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Uh any chance there could be something medical going on?
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Uh any chance there could be something medical going on? If you are unused to so much processed meat it might be something there or the dense fat in processed meats that is leaving you feeling a bit nauseous. Not sure what to tell you as this is an unusual situation
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

I think it's a combination of too much really unfamiliar food. My poor biogenome doesn't know what hit it! But I'll get some unprocessed meat tomorrow and go slow with the veg and see what I can do. I already know I don't have any other viable options for weight loss, and I need to lose the weight so I can be healthy going forward. So I have to make it work!

The support helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlyn View Post
    They make me nauseated after I eat them--it used to be lettuce, about half the time, and same for greens, but yesterday it was broccoli, which I can usually eat. I'll spare you the details, but there were no net carbs by the end of the evening!
    I was wondering if it was the taste that you didn't like, but if the taste doesn't turn you off and veggies only causes nausea after you eat them, then quite possibly you don't have the right kind of stomach acids and enzymes to digest raw veggies. After I had my gallbladder removed, it was years before I could eat most raw veggies and fruits like apples. Even now (years later) I still keep digestive enzymes around and take them when eating salad or raw veggies like radishes, broccoli and cabbage, which are hard to digest. Lettuce always makes through my system without being digested much at all.
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
    ~~Herodotus

Doin' the "Real Deal" Atkins 2002 since 9/15/2005
    x5

I wouldn't say I love most vegetables, but I generally have been able to eat them. I did have my gallbladder out but way back in 1998, and I've just noticed the issues in the past few years. I suspect I will need to get my system used to veggies, especially raw ones. I am embarrassed at how much I have not eaten vegetables in the past few years! Fruits have been fine, though. Hm. We'll see what happens!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast