Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vegetables are making me sick

• Display

Default Re: vegetables are making me sick

Quote Originally Posted by mission to lose View Post
    Have you tried making them in some sort of recipe? You do not have to eat them plain.

Check out some of the recipes here, from one of our own members. I hope this helps.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

And are you following the new Atkins book, A New Atkins for a New You? from 2010?

Just so you know we follow and give advice based on the 2002 edition of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution.
    Just to be clear, the newest book (2010) is somewhat different from the earlier versions so our advice may conflict with what it says.

I just stick with the 2002 version, except for the greens! I am doing better now--I haven't lost any weight in a week, according to the scale, and my calories are still too low, but I made a soup with lots of cabbage and sausage and a little onion, carrot, celery and garlic, and it turns out I can eat that. Maybe it is the cooking that helps. I'm also eating less cheese and processed meat--less of everything, I guess, but I'll figure it out little by little. It's a big change from my previous diet.

I think I am changing shape a little bit, though, and my muscle percentage has stopped falling on the scale, so I guess the protein is in a better balance. At any rate, I'm not quitting now.

I like the focus on real food; the last time I did Atkins having the bars for breakfast let me tell myself I was still on Atkins, but I stopped losing weight and my cravings went up until I went off. I have eaten really high quality food (though perhaps not the healthiest) for the last five years since we've moved to the country, and I can't go back to chemicals.

Raven

Many folks find that is true with the bars. Unprocessed food is always better.

With the gall bladder out, cooked veggies will probably be the easiest to start. Try a cooked cauli puree- its like mashed potato and the pureeing makes it easier to digest too. Add raw in small amounts so that your system isn't shocked by all the roughage than increase it gradually. You'll get there.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

I love cauliflower puree! I just ate a quart of it over the past week. Basically the only roughage I was getting before was whole grains, and my system misses that now. But I'm sure I can make the shift.

It will take time. Metamucil capsules can help if you are constipated and likley there would be no nausea symptoms
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

I am willing to take it day by day...thank you for your support!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlyn View Post
    I just stick with the 2002 version, except for the greens! I am doing better now--I haven't lost any weight in a week, according to the scale, and my calories are still too low, but I made a soup with lots of cabbage and sausage and a little onion, carrot, celery and garlic, and it turns out I can eat that. Maybe it is the cooking that helps. I'm also eating less cheese and processed meat--less of everything, I guess, but I'll figure it out little by little. It's a big change from my previous diet.

I think I am changing shape a little bit, though, and my muscle percentage has stopped falling on the scale, so I guess the protein is in a better balance. At any rate, I'm not quitting now.

I like the focus on real food; the last time I did Atkins having the bars for breakfast let me tell myself I was still on Atkins, but I stopped losing weight and my cravings went up until I went off. I have eaten really high quality food (though perhaps not the healthiest) for the last five years since we've moved to the country, and I can't go back to chemicals.

Raven
    sounds good.......except for the carrots. They are very starchy and high carb and way up the ladder. Even in maintenance, I pick them out of everything.

I guess at the level of dilution I had them, they were okay--my ketosis wasn't affected. Thank goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlyn View Post
    I love cauliflower puree! I just ate a quart of it over the past week. Basically the only roughage I was getting before was whole grains, and my system misses that now. But I'm sure I can make the shift.
    The amount of fiber in a serving of whole grains is comparable to the amount of fiber in a serving of something like cauliflower, broccoli, etc. A cup of cooked green beans has the same amount of fiber (4 grams) in a cup of cooked oatmeal.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Good to know! I am currently feeling okay on not much in terms of vegetables, and I'm losing. Clearly this isn't a great way to live the rest of my life, but I'll see how I can add veg back in probably once farmstand season kicks in again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast