Thread: Some "Paleo" snack recipes - many good for Atkins if "tweaked"

• Display

Default Some "Paleo" snack recipes - many good for Atkins if "tweaked"

This web page starts by listing commercial "paleo" style snacks but also lists quite a few recipes to make snacks
    List of the Best Paleo Snacks of 2015 (15 You Can Buy + 27 You Can Make)

They will need "atkinizing" by changing the honey and maple syrup etc for "legal" sweetener and making sure all other ingredients are suitable for whichever Atkins phase you are on, but I thought some of them will be good to try.

I have just bought some aubergines so will see how their "Eggplant Jerky" recipe works out
    A bacon-ish, jerky-ish eggplant snack
    I will probably omit the sweetener (they use maple syrup) and change the balsamic vinegar for a non-sweet one as I find most USA-style recipes too sweet for me

. . . .

SW290+/CW170/GW135 Premaintenance Phase F/68yrs/5ft 5.5"
    (Though due to collapsed vertebrae as a result of multiple myeloma I am now only 5'1" - but I refuse to recalculate my BMI )

Default Re: Some "Paleo" snack recipes - many good for Atkins if "tweaked"

Quote Originally Posted by Elizellen View Post
    This web page starts by listing commercial "paleo" style snacks but also lists quite a few recipes to make snacks
    List of the Best Paleo Snacks of 2015 (15 You Can Buy + 27 You Can Make)

They will need "atkinizing" by changing the honey and maple syrup etc for "legal" sweetener and making sure all other ingredients are suitable for whichever Atkins phase you are on, but I thought some of them will be good to try.

I have just bought some aubergines so will see how their "Eggplant Jerky" recipe works out
    A bacon-ish, jerky-ish eggplant snack
    I will probably omit the sweetener (they use maple syrup) and change the balsamic vinegar for a non-sweet one as I find most USA-style recipes too sweet for me
    I recall reading an eggplant jerky recipe maybe last fall and put that on my "will try" list for this summer. I haven't done it yet, though....
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

I have so many paleo recipes pinned and keto. Yay Pinterest! There are many that are Atkins friendly or adaptable. I am still saddened to see how much even they rely on sugar...healthy version or not.

And hi Megs =)
    Elsie150
    Female 51, 5'
    Induction started:June 11/15
    Week 1 - 9.4 down Week 2 - 6.6 down Week 3 - 1.6 down Week 4 - 4.6 down Total lost - 22.2
    Week 5 - 1.8 down Week 6 - 4.0 down Week 7 - 2.0 down Week 8 - 0.4 down Total lost - 30.4
    Week 9 - 0.6 down Week 10 - 1.2 down
    Week 43 -63.6 Total lost
    I cured my fatty liver disease in the first 4 months!!!! Down 40 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See my thread Never Ending Induction Recipes in the induction forum. Lots of great ideas.

You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it. ~Maya Angelo~

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie150 View Post
    I have so many paleo recipes pinned and keto. Yay Pinterest! There are many that are Atkins friendly or adaptable. I am still saddened to see how much even they rely on sugar...healthy version or not.

And hi Megs =)
    Hi back Elsie! Good to see you around here.

I've noticed that about paleo recipes too: heavy on the added sugar. I very much doubt that hunter-gatherers carried bark baskets filled with honey everywhere they went.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham