Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Journey

• Display

Images

Default Re: My Journey

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    Brothers' cat needs to go on Atkins too. She moved in with him from a neighbours (they got a new baby) and he just calls her Fatty!

She was slim when she moved in!
    My chihuahua is in the same boat....he was slim when we got him but I think getting him neutered slowed his metabolism down and then it became summer and super hot with really bad mosquitoes so we didn't get to walk him as much so he's now chubby. Poor little guy. But he is a very happy fellow.
    F

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7c0zEG/weight.png

Images

I hates pics that disappear! I need to update or delete darn it. I never delete at Photobucket or the links mess up.

I should today be posting a current pic of me looking slimmer and healthier but I still look the same due to pigging out I'm that stupid! A reminder of why I must do the Atkins...me at nearer my top weight...I am the consistency of a water bed.

3. Default Re: My Journey

i'll say this for you, jan..... you have the most infectious smile! you're always smiling!

was that pic, the one of you in the sparkly dress, hosted by someone else? i can get a link for you so maybe you can track where the pic used to be.

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS
    ​​​​​​​​+30

i'll say this for you, jan..... you have the most infectious smile! you're always smiling!
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw this picture! Our eyes are drawn right in on the smile and we don't notice anything else.
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
    ~~Herodotus

Doin' the "Real Deal" Atkins 2002 since 9/15/2005
    x5

How lovely to see your smiling face! You get a sense of the person from their written 'voice', but seeing their face completes it. When I muster up the courage to start a journal, which may be soon as I have a lot I want (need?) to talk about, I hope to also have the courage to share a photo.

Thanks Jan for your always upbeat approach to life
    124/110/70 kg

Gifts for success-

110kg- Achieved! 4th Sept 2015

105kg- new jeans Achieved! 1st Nov 2015

100kg- facial

95kg- a dress, I haven't worn one for over 20 years

90kg- a bicycle

Images

I still can't find that pic of me in the Christmas dress. I will though sooner or later. I hates thinking of the time capsule with a deleted pic...it's my ocd.

Here is me in a fave top, getting nowhere fast. I've really really got to stick to Atkins 100% no deviation.

Sticking to it 100%, especially in the first stages, is the only way it works. Atkins does work, but you have to do the work to make it happen. I have thought for a long time that your mind-set is holding you back*, but it seems to be getting better lately. Just keep your mind on the luscious foods allowed on Atkins, and those yummy ones waiting for you as you climb the rungs. The foods that are holding you back are poison in ways you can't even imagine.

*What I mean by that is when you make a positive, bold statement, which will move you forward, you then finish the statement by denying that you will be able to actually follow through. Basically giving up before you take the forward step. In reality, I believe you are the positive, bold person at the beginning of the statement and not the giver-upper person.
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
    ~~Herodotus

Doin' the "Real Deal" Atkins 2002 since 9/15/2005
    x5

Images

The foods that are holding you back are poison in ways you can't even imagine.
    I know. I preach to my family all the time about what certain food and drink are doing to them then I partake of the same things. I've been struggling with my addiction for 48 years. I feel tired.

Thank goodness I have Atkins to fall back on or I'd be 18stones at this very minute or more possibly. I can put on four pounds a night no problemo.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySmile501 View Post
    Sticking to it 100%, especially in the first stages, is the only way it works. Atkins does work, but you have to do the work to make it happen. I have thought for a long time that your mind-set is holding you back*, but it seems to be getting better lately. Just keep your mind on the luscious foods allowed on Atkins, and those yummy ones waiting for you as you climb the rungs. The foods that are holding you back are poison in ways you can't even imagine.

*What I mean by that is when you make a positive, bold statement, which will move you forward, you then finish the statement by denying that you will be able to actually follow through. Basically giving up before you take the forward step. In reality, I believe you are the positive, bold person at the beginning of the statement and not the giver-upper person.

THIS THIS THIS, Jan. I can't agree more with what she's saying here. She's totally right. Print this out and read it often to remind yourself.
    Jackie - Misplaced Missouri Girl, Deep in the Heart of TEXAS!
    170/145/130
    Lost Inches (never to be found again): Waist: -4.75 in, Hips: -5.75 in

Lost 25 pounds 9/18/08-01/08/09, Ended on OWL Rung 6 (had a baby!)
    Induction started 12/8/14 Current Phase: OWL Rung 9 and gearing up for pre-Maintenance!

My Martial Arts Blog: www.thestickchick.com

Images

NOVEMBER PICTURE - Me and Tilly-Rose on Bonfire Night. Please excuse the coats hung on the door, we had a full house.

I will get to 7stones 7lbs, I am determined...on the other hand I'm starting to give clothes to the charity shops, all the ones I'm going to 'slim into' as I have to stop kidding myself and I'm sick of having too much stuff in my little space. Anyway, I need more space for books.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast