Thread: One of the hardest things.....

• Display

Cool One of the hardest things.....

Hi
    What is one of the hardest things for you having 100 plus extra pounds to carry around?

For me, its buying clothes. Well its several things but for this post its about clothes!
    I live where there arent many plus size people. So clothes is almost impossible to come by.
    I used to wait until I went home to the US to hit walmart! Now, thankfully I can order over the internet, but even that has its embarassing moments.
    Grab your water and I will share one with you....I needed new bras.
    So I happily ordered two different sizes and they were on their way!
    Well a few days later my phone rang and it was a dentist office - wanting to know if I was me lol and I was - it seems their phone number was one number different from my home phone number so my package went to their street address instead of mine.
    (the post office goes the extra mile here, I had the package sent to my POB but the mail people were saving me a trip out and delivering it to my home)
    Oh and they opened my package prior to calling me.
    Why a dentist office would open a package not addressed to them is beyond me, but boy did my face heat up when I remembered that I had ordered two bras - bras soooooooooooooooooo big they could be strapped to the front of a sports car!
    (ok ok maybe not THAT big but you know what I mean)
    There was no way, no way I was going to pick up my package.........so I sent DH!
    Have a fantastic day!

Lady Hawke

Attitude Changes Everything.
    Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time.
    ---><---

Default Re: One of the hardest things.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Hawke View Post
    Hi
    What is one of the hardest things for you having 100 plus extra pounds to carry around?

For me, its buying clothes. Well its several things but for this post its about clothes!
    I live where there arent many plus size people. So clothes is almost impossible to come by.
    I used to wait until I went home to the US to hit walmart! Now, thankfully I can order over the internet, but even that has its embarassing moments.
    Grab your water and I will share one with you....I needed new bras.
    So I happily ordered two different sizes and they were on their way!
    Well a few days later my phone rang and it was a dentist office - wanting to know if I was me lol and I was - it seems their phone number was one number different from my home phone number so my package went to their street address instead of mine.
    (the post office goes the extra mile here, I had the package sent to my POB but the mail people were saving me a trip out and delivering it to my home)
    Oh and they opened my package prior to calling me.
    Why a dentist office would open a package not addressed to them is beyond me, but boy did my face heat up when I remembered that I had ordered two bras - bras soooooooooooooooooo big they could be strapped to the front of a sports car!
    (ok ok maybe not THAT big but you know what I mean)
    There was no way, no way I was going to pick up my package.........so I sent DH!
    Have a fantastic day!
    Hahah lol. You jusade my day where do you live?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oh dear! Are you going to a different dentist now? Lol.

Hi Missbubles Im glad I made your day! I live in Europe.
    Hi ChristyR2D2 Oh gosh, that wasnt my dentist office! It was a stranger dentist office
    Nice to meet you both!

Lady Hawke

Attitude Changes Everything.
    Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time.
    ---><---