Thread: Chocolate Chip Cookie

• Display

Images

Default Chocolate Chip Cookie

Hi it's been a while since I was here last. I'm trying to loose those last few 12 lbs or so before my sons wedding in April. I have been experimenting with chocolate chip cookies for a while now and I think I have hit the nail on the head for me! Here's my recipe. Let me know what you think.

2.5 C Almond flour/meal
    1 tsp. Baking soda
    1.5 tsp Baking powder
    1/4 tsp Sea salt
    2 Eggs
    1/4 C Sugar-free maple syrup
    1 tsp Vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp + 5-6 drops Liquid Splenda (about 1.5 C Granulated Splenda)
    1/4 stick butter, melted
    1 C chopped almonds and pecans
    2 C Sugar free dark chocolate (I use Hershey Special Dark mini bars)

Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix together dry ingredients together, then add wet ingredients and mix again. Now add the nuts and chocolate chunks. If the dough seems too wet, let it sit for 5 minutes.

Form into balls (I use a cookie scoop) and press onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (I use the bottom of my baking powder can for more uniform looking cookies) .

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies begin to turn golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to wire rack.

Makes 30-36 cookies depending on the size of your cookie scoop.
    Each cookie is approximately 109 calories; 10g fat; 2.6g carbs, 3.1g protein, 1.7 fiber, 0.4 iron
    Last edited by H20baby; August 29th, 2015 at 09:55 AM.
    Aerodynamically, the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.

Original Start Date 1/2/2010
    Restart Date 3/28/11
    Mini goal #1- 158
    Final Goal !! - 142

Default Re: Chocolate Chip Cookie

Excellent recipe! Thanks for sharing it. I tried this last week at home with extra dark chocolate bars which I bought from Giddy Yoyo in Canada. I love cookies a lot, but due to diabetes and other health problems my dietician had advised not have chocolate too much chocolate or sugar. Since then I searched for recipes that use organic sugar-free chocolates and this recipe was one of the best. Keep sharing sugar-free recipes like this for diabetes patients like me.

I must appreciate your thinking power of creating such nice recipe. Being a diabetic patient, it is very necessary for me to keep control of sugar. But my 5 year old Huntington Preschool going daughter loves chocolate cookies. I will surely going to suggest this recipe to my wife.

I must appreciate your thinking power of creating such ice recipe. Being a diabetic patient, it is very necessary for me to keep control of sugar. But my 5 year old Huntington Preschool Calling All Kids, Too - Home going daughter loves chocolate cookies. I will surely going to suggest this recipe to my wife.

I must appreciate your thinking power of creating such ice recipe. Being a diabetic patient, it is very necessary for me to keep control of sugar. But my 5 year old Huntington Preschool going daughter loves chocolate cookies. I will surely going to suggest this recipe to my wife.