Thread: Cheese Crackers

• Display

Blog Entries

Default Cheese Crackers

Bake in the oven crackers; only ingredients are grated cheese and herbs/spices of your choice. Here's the link:

Low Carb Cheese Crackers | Low Carb Recipes

Default Re: Cheese Crackers

Sounds great, Olivivi. I will definitely try them.
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

I sometimes make similar crackers using cut up slices of edam or gouda cheese and spacing them out on a parchment circle on the microwave turntable.
    I have found that they last many months if kept in an airtight container (I forgot about the box I prepared to take on holiday one summer and rediscovered them at Christmas! )

. . . .

SW290+/CW170/GW135 Premaintenance Phase F/68yrs/5ft 5.5"
    (Though due to collapsed vertebrae as a result of multiple myeloma I am now only 5'1" - but I refuse to recalculate my BMI )

Images

These are delicious!
    F

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7c0zEG/weight.png

Blog Entries

Hoping,

What kind are delicious? The kind that Elizellen mentioned above or the baked kind from the recipe above?

I almost bought muffin tins at WalMart today that had Christmas tree shapes and gingerbread men--6 total to a muffin tin. But decided I'd go over my budget for the week. However, there's always next week...I might break down and do it just to see whether the cheese cracker recipe works in such a tin. With all the green, red, and silver in the stores now for Christmas, and all the Christmas chocolates wrapped up and looking as bright and happy as the Rockettes in high kicks, I need something to make look really festive and pretty. Those tree and gingerbread men with cheese crackers done up fancy might take the edge off all those other sightly temptations.

Images

Now these I must try...!
    Thanks!
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

F/64 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 59.9 kg.

Will definitely try. It feels like its been ages that I didn't eat cheese.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Olivivi View Post
    Hoping,

What kind are delicious? The kind that Elizellen mentioned above or the baked kind from the recipe above?

I almost bought muffin tins at WalMart today that had Christmas tree shapes and gingerbread men--6 total to a muffin tin. But decided I'd go over my budget for the week. However, there's always next week...I might break down and do it just to see whether the cheese cracker recipe works in such a tin. With all the green, red, and silver in the stores now for Christmas, and all the Christmas chocolates wrapped up and looking as bright and happy as the Rockettes in high kicks, I need something to make look really festive and pretty. Those tree and gingerbread men with cheese crackers done up fancy might take the edge off all those other sightly temptations.
    Sorry, just saw this! I've only tried with cheddar and mozzarella because it's the only thing we really keep on hand. I'm going to have to try smoked gouda! Sounds really good!
    F

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7c0zEG/weight.png

I really want to give a try.

Blog Entries

I just made a couple batches of these using cheddar cheese slices. First batch was with cayenne pepper & garlic salt. Second batch was chili powder & garlic salt. Great little snack for sure.

Pledging Flights Challenge
    Mount Snowdon,Wales 7,120 steps 475 flights
    175/495 flights