Thread: Measuring questions

• Display

Default Measuring questions

I measured my chest, hips, waist, etc. Any advice on the best way to measure accurately? It seems like there ate so many variables and I'm not sure I'm getting the right info from my measurements.

Images

Default Re: Measuring questions

Quote Originally Posted by lcnewbie View Post
    I measured my chest, hips, waist, etc. Any advice on the best way to measure accurately? It seems like there ate so many variables and I'm not sure I'm getting the right info from my measurements.

Just make a note as to where you measured, and measure in the same place each time.

For example, For thighs I measure the widest point.
    Waist at the thinnest point.
    If you have a big tummy like me, measure at the biggest point.

I hope this answers your question since I am not sure what "variables" you are talking about.

OK. What I mean by variables is if the tape has slid up the back and I didn't realize or if I'm not really at the same spot each time. I just feel I'm not being very accurate and probably over thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by lcnewbie View Post
    OK. What I mean by variables is if the tape has slid up the back and I didn't realize or if I'm not really at the same spot each time. I just feel I'm not being very accurate and probably over thinking it.
    You can take several measurements for one part (ex. hips), then take the average of them.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham