Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar Beat Challenge #11: Begins Sunday, November 29; SIGN UP/POST HERE

• Display

Blog Entries

Default Sugar Beat Challenge #11: Begins Sunday, November 29; SIGN UP/POST HERE

This is for those who have problems with denying themselves sugar, in all its forms: cane, beet, corn (corn syrup products in supposedly Sugar Free products), and all those hidden sugars, the LabelLurkers.

For me, it's a day-by-day challenge, sometimes victorious; sometimes, otherwise, as is life's other challenges. However, here, you'll sign up by tomorrow night and make it through seven days without sugar in any form. You'll post each day, when possible, or play catch up when you can, but post at least twice during the week to receive a Week Award Badge.

Now, because giving up sugar is harder than you might believe, you'll receive a blue fish for each day that you make it without any sugar. Believe it or not, seeing that little blue fish on the day that you made yourself give up your Aunt Hilda's tea cakes is a bigger deal than sugar haters might undertand. And going to the family reunion without having pecan pie is almost sacrilege. So, to see your little blue fish for the day might mean something to you if you love sugar and have trouble giving it up.

So, sign up and join us on the Sugar Beat Challenge, the board's hardest challenge for sugar lovers; sugar haters, need not apply. I'll be back in a sec with the more left-brained listing of rules, but wanted to get this up this morning before the grandbabies awake.

Here are the guidelines:

1. Sign up on Saturday or Sunday; begin successfully ignoring sugar on Sunday; the week ends on Saturday. Success = Sugar Beat Week badge awarded on Saturday/Sunday;

2. Success for four consecutive weeks = Sugar Beat Month badge. Four weeks = month's worth for a month's badge even if the four weeks cross over the line shared between two months. I'll keep track of those who go for four weeks so that monthly badges may be announced in good order.

3. Success is: Not succumbing to sugar in any form, be it corn, beets, or nefariously hidden 'oses.' Read labels: If sugar is included in ingredients, it will knock you out of the challenge, so don't eat it. However, if something is sugar-cured and the carb content is 0, you may have that product, such as some sugar-cured bacons that still show 0 carbs.

4. Sign in daily, when possible, just to note your successful day in brilliant language such as: Success: Sept. 20. Away from the computer? Just record your dates when you return, again with brilliant language: Success: Sept. 21 - 24. However, signing in daily keeps you accountable to yourself.

5. Awards will be posted Saturday or Sunday. I think I've already written that.

6. If you succumb to sugar during the week, you don't have to confess or anything humiliating like that--unless you really want to because you believe it would be good for you. You just won't get the award that week. But you can still continue to earn your daily fish even if you've lost the week award.

7. Here are the Google Charts to the weekly wins:

https://goo.gl/p5AsUZ

8. Here are the awards:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sugar Beat Challenge #11: Begins Sunday, November 29; SIGN UP/POST HERE

I'm in. Hopeful. As usual.

Images

Default Re: Sugar Beat Challenge #11: Begins Sunday, November 29; SIGN UP/POST HERE

Yes me too - thanksfor the reminder OV, I had lost count and knowing will spur me on.

Blog Entries

Very happy, Victcy, to have you part of the gang again, and it will be great to have you earn the second month award badge by the end of this next week!

Images

Sunday: sugar free

Blog Entries

Great beginning, Victcy! You've got a fish and six to go for your second month award! Sugar free for me, too:

Victcy

Olivivi

Ditto ?? Hope you're in!

Waterbaby1 ?? Hope you're in, too!

Images

I'm in please.

291115 - success (only just mind you...)

Blog Entries

Great, Ditto! And here's your first fish:

Victcy

Olivivi

Ditto

Hi all, I will join this week's sugar challenge and I had a successful no sugar day.
    SW 228, CW 212.4, GW 199 - for now!

Blog Entries

Yay, Waterbaby1! And congrats on your first fish of the week!

Victcy

Olivivi

Ditto

Waterbaby1

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast