Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sugar Beat challenge #12; Begins Sunday, Dec. 6; SIGN UP; POST HERE

• Display

Images

Default Re: Sugar Beat challenge #12; Begins Sunday, Dec. 6; SIGN UP; POST HERE

061215 Fail
    071215 Success
    081215 Fail
    091215 Success

Re sweet dressings on there without so much as an ask you...grrr...supposing you were diabetic?!

I am sticking with olive oil and mayo, it's the only way to go.

Images

Wednesday: sugar free - but not a good Atkins day, I succumbed to rice & spinach a dish I had made for family. Its not that I really wanted it but it was there & didn't involve a lot of chewing!!! And I was tired......excuses, excuses - won't do for January Induction Challenge, must plan better!

I had a good day today, no hidden sugars jumped out at me! I made wings for the first time ever and they were delish!!!

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk
    SW 228, CW 212.4, GW 199 - for now!

Blog Entries

Wednesday report, and congratulations, all around! Yay, us!

Ditto: KO KO

Victcy

Waterbaby1 : KO KO

Olivivi KO

Images

I was about to report another good sugarless day yesterday but it's not to be.

Goodbye Vic, Waterbaby and all.

Blog Entries

We can finish this last challenge, Ditto, and earn our fish. That's what I'm going to do: complete this challenge as a show of Honor Due to the Power of the Fish.

Images

What the heck happened???? I just took my son to school and came home to check in on this, my first day of Christmas break (1 day before my total restart), and everything is haywire! I need you guys to succeed. Ugh!

Blog Entries

Hi, Dee. We need to succeed, too, and we really were sharing a lot on this thread, but it's not populated high enough to stay on the board. This is simply a fact of life and a decision that was made due to moderators wanting active threads. I understand the point. If only four people are participating, the thread should be dropped. So, we'll do what we always do in life when a door closes: we'll open another one somewhere.

I have looked forward to seeing how each of us has performed on this thread. We may have been a small group, but we made it up in spades for mutual encouragement! And that encouragement, advice, and information is precisely what I'd hoped to find on this bulletin board.

It's just a closed thread. There are other new ones coming in which participation will be higher and more successful, but Waterbaby, Victcy, and DittoJan: We'll remember our own success here, even if it was a day that we worked hard for a fish!

Thanks for looking in, Dee!

Crazy idea - why not just keep your own challenge going in your own personal journal chat? Or would that be a bad thing?
    Jackie - Misplaced Missouri Girl, Deep in the Heart of TEXAS!
    170/145/130
    Lost Inches (never to be found again): Waist: -4.75 in, Hips: -5.75 in

Lost 25 pounds 9/18/08-01/08/09, Ended on OWL Rung 6 (had a baby!)
    Induction started 12/8/14 Current Phase: OWL Rung 9 and gearing up for pre-Maintenance!

My Martial Arts Blog: www.thestickchick.com

Blog Entries

Skep'...I think the idea of challenges is anyone who happens upon the bulletin board would have an opportunity to join something that looked interesting. I thought, with my own ongoing problems with sugar addiction, there might be others who experienced the same problem.

In a journal, that wouldn't happen. The challenges are set up by the week, by every two weeks, by the month, or even by six-week periods. They provide both the excitement of a new challenge and they also provide closure to each challenge. That *feeling* wouldn't work in a journal.

I'm very sorry this one must close, but I'm grateful for what I learned here and on the other challenges. As soon as I copy and paste certain posts that have been especially meaningful, I'll quit the board and I hope that will give others some well-deserved breathing room. I never meant to create problems, but I have done so, and apparently the low participation on this particular thread has rubbed enough people the wrong way [Edit: By 'wrong way,' I mean that the thread appears to be either dead or boring] to the point that it must be closed.

I think it was a good thread, but I won't stay here because I've been an unsuccessful member of the board in terms of creating a challenge that was found to be unwanted, except by Waterbaby1, Victcy, Ditto, and myself.
    Last edited by Olivivi; December 10th, 2015 at 11:49 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast