Thread: Difficulties continue in staying on site

• Display

Blog Entries

Default Difficulties continue in staying on site

Sometimes this place is user-friendly.

But during the past few weeks, it has been difficult to navigate from my end with my computer's OS.

To wit: When trying to post challenge results on various challenges, I copy and paste and then am kicked off. The good part of copying and pasting, say, for the vitamin challenge, is there is a list of dates and it is crystal clear which dates I've posted for. But always, I'm kicked off. And then I have to sign on two or three times just to make the post work.

I've experimented with plain old posting and advanced posting. It makes no difference. And I would imagine that for newbies, it could be enough to discourage them from wanting to return before they have a chance to become fully engaged in this site.

Although reposting is slightly annoying, but only slightly so during the Christmas season, the reason I mention this is the same kind of thing happened a couple of months ago before the board crashed.

Just sayin'...
    Last edited by Olivivi; December 7th, 2015 at 07:53 PM.

Default Re: Difficulties continue in staying on site

This has happened to me...using different devices as well. I pretty much just gave up with the time I had to log in; I feel the pain for those who are new and trying to use the board for great information.

Is there something to do differently? Different engine to try? I only use Chrome for my home computers...others make my compute do different things, and safari for other devices.
    2/17/2019 SW: 226: CW: 219: First Goal, 4%: 217
    Phase: Rung 1, 20 carbs about.
    Exercise: 45-50, 5 days a week
    Stats: F, 46 yo

Blog Entries

Chrome works best for me for this site; forget IE; that's a disaster for this site with many warnings from McAfee that this site is not recommended. But even with Chrome, I'm beginning to experience more difficulties. Yes, for those just trying out the site, it might seem to be too much aggravation, which is a pity because it could be precisely the place that could help them in their dietary changes. Sigh.

4. Default Re: Difficulties continue in staying on site

others have used firefox, chrome works best for me. you might try BING and see how that works for you.

please understand that our software is getting outdated and upgrades aren't available on a regular basis as when it first installed. although tom keeps up as best he can, in the end, the software is still getting outdated.

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS
    ​​​​​​​​+30

Images

I use Chrome too. I've not had any trouble apart from the occasional 'server busy' signal.

I don't do the copy/paste for challenges, I now do what mission recommended, the 'reply with quote' which is so much easier to do.

Aaah the dread ye old software issues.

I thought there was an update a few years back, but I do understand, just like everything else technological these days, everything's getting older faster.
    2/17/2019 SW: 226: CW: 219: First Goal, 4%: 217
    Phase: Rung 1, 20 carbs about.
    Exercise: 45-50, 5 days a week
    Stats: F, 46 yo

Images

Like Ditto I only get a server busy message now and then.
    No other problems.

I get the "sever too busy" message maybe once every couple of days, but for some strange reason about a month ago, the first post on every page is always messed up when I use the Web browser. We don't have a computer, so I use my cell phone. I don't think I changed any of my settings (maybe my toddler did somehow?), but the first post on every page is displayed as one word at a time. I ended up installing the app because it was so hard to read posts. Fortunately the app doesn't do that, but I like the layout better of the other.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Images

I get something like that, the first post of each page comes out vertically (a narrow column) I had assumed it was my tablet. It isn't a big deal though...wouldn't put me off coming onto site.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by victcy View Post
    I get something like that, the first post of each page comes out vertically (a narrow column) I had assumed it was my tablet. It isn't a big deal though...wouldn't put me off coming onto site.
    me too!!!! It's terrible, especially if it's a long first post!