Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: jimmie 48's Cheat Free Journal

• Display

Default Re: jimmie 48's Cheat Free Journal

Congrats on getting your dh to eat a MIM. Mine took one bite and that was it! I don't toast mine after they're cooked but I will try that.

I don't know about your numbers but the menu looks great. You really have a nice variety and keep super record of it all. We all need to take lessons from you!
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie 48 View Post
    The carbs don't add up to the 30 - 35 expected. i think i need to adjust that since i'm pretty much skipping over rung 2. my total should probably be 25 to 30 net carbs.

nuts/seeds = 5.5 nc's which is doable for the rung.
    all of this makes me think a lot.
    ------------
    ok, does anybody have any input for the red highlighted part? does that sound right to you? i swear my mind is jumbled up at the moment because i'm still using my food scale and fitday.
    So here's my two cents...okay, maybe three because I'm skipping the rung 2 as well, and will face this again when I reach the alcohol and "other vegetables" levels.

I would say that your personal carb levels (CCLL) at this time would be the 25-30...even with skipping the rung, but that number can go up as you feel content with which foods you're enjoying adding back in, and still feeling in control. When you add the berries in, maybe you could be 30-35?

Funny how your hubby's enjoying that MIM too!
    2/17/2019 SW: 226: CW: 219: First Goal, 4%: 217
    Phase: Rung 1, 20 carbs about.
    Exercise: 45-50, 5 days a week
    Stats: F, 46 yo

3. Default Re: jimmie 48's Cheat Free Journal

thanks girls. i appreciate the kudos and the advice. lisa, i think i am seeing the numbers exactly as you so i will change my heading on the next food entry ... 25 - 30 net carbs.

@ nyan... i nuke that mim for a little longer than the 1 minute to kinda dry it out, so to speak. or maybe i should use just a tad less oil? anyway, i've found it toasts just a bit better that way. ymmv

as for dh and the mim, i'm not sure he enjoyed it but he didn't spit it out. he's eating no sugar added ice cream too. is carb smart next? he's even ditched his organic granola bar! he kept telling the new chiro that WE do atkins and i look at him thinking what the heck. i mean, i'm not perfect but i'm trying. he eats honey wheat bread, non diet ice cream, organic salsa chips by the bowl full, organic granola bars, never drinks near enough water. i started pointing out to him that he is not eating atkins and he said "well, sorta". after i pointed out all the sugars in granola bars and the ice cream and the bread and the chiro told him he needed to eat foods to help with the inflammation, i guess he is deciding to change some of his woe. my gosh, the man took lettuce/pastrami/swiss roll ups to work instead of the honey wheat sandwich, to work all last week.

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS
    ​​​​​​​​+30

Jo, that's funny! But at least he's trying and you have to give him credit for that. And, maybe because he told his chiro that he's on Atkins, he will really do it. Here's hoping, anyway! Tell him I'm cheering for him!

X 52 X 64 X16

I am too
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

6. Default Re: jimmie 48's Cheat Free Journal

Thanks again, girls.

-------

24 January
    WATER..... 71 oz.
    VITAMINS..... taken
    EXERCISE..... stationary bike, weights, squeeze ball {for hand strength}
    OWL ~ 3. Seeds and nuts ← 25 - 30 net carbs {skipping added cheese/dairy for the moment}
    FOOD.....
    decaf w/stevia, heavy whipping cream
    waffle: 1/4 c flaxmeal, egg, baking powder, 2 T hazelnut flour, oil
    Maple Grove sf syrup
    Olivio spread
    greek salad: mixed greens, cucumber, kalamata olives, tomato, onion, feta cheese, banana pepper, grilled chicken breast estimated total for salad veg - 7 nc
    2 T Italian dressing
    cabbage 3.4 nc
    tomato juice 5 nc
    cocoa/pb MIM: flax, oil, baking powder, egg, cocoa, pb

carbs: 57.3
    fiber: 27.9
    net carbs: 29.4
    veg carbs: 15.4
    nut/seed nc's: 6

NOTES.....
    Again, I counted the ounces of coffee in fitday. I'll continue to do that as best I can.

We went out for lunch and ...yeah me... I skipped the veggie wraps I just love at the place, and opted for the Greek Chicken Salad. I have to estimate the totals for that and I'm probably guessing just a carb or two low.

I will get a new battery for the scale tomorrow. I'll see if that fixes the 3 to 4 pound difference in several attempts of weighing within 30 seconds time. If not, no stress because...................
    I wore a pair of jeans, size 4, to lunch today! I wore these when I hit 120 several .. many years ago... and tried them on a couple months ago. I got them zipped but they weren't comfortable. Today, no problem, zipped just fine, could breathe even while bending over to tie my shoes.

THANK YOU JILL for running the New Year New You challenge. I don't think any of the stuff I'm doing right now would have happened had I not participated in that.

Oh and more good on me thing. If you know me well enough you know I absolutely love sweet potatoes. I think I could live on them. Through a series of events that I won't go into, we have small bags of sweet potatoes in the pantry. dh has had them twice. I've had them zero times. This is major for me.

7. Default Re: jimmie 48's Cheat Free Journal

question to the mini-mass of cheat free'ers

instead of me logging stuff into fitday and then typing it all out here, would it be ok if i just link my fitday? you can see my food and critique or not. it would save a bit of time. it's just 1 trial solution to the time involved.

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS
    ​​​​​​​​+30

Sounds alright to me but Jill's the final authority here.

I was surprised you had time to do all of that when you are so busy doing everything else on the board.

X 52 X 64 X16

Sounds good to me! I write down every bite I eat in my food journal, but I'm not gonna type it all on here. That you type it all into fitday and provide the link sounds like a good deal to me.
    W 297 CW 175.6 GW 150

"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before."
    ~~Herodotus

Doin' the "Real Deal" Atkins 2002 since 9/15/2005
    x5

You get my vote to make life easy for your, Jo.

2/17/2019 SW: 226: CW: 219: First Goal, 4%: 217
    Phase: Rung 1, 20 carbs about.
    Exercise: 45-50, 5 days a week
    Stats: F, 46 yo

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast