Thread: Official Weigh In - Saturday, Jan. 23 2016

• Display

Red face Official Weigh In - Saturday, Jan. 23 2016

Hello Everyone!

I am officially on Induction Phase of Atkins way of life as of today, Saturday, January 23 2016. My official starting weight is 258.8 pounds (in the buff, and morning before any food or drink). I am 5'11" tall as far as I know from my driver's license, but I'll have that checked the next time I see the doctor. As I mentioned I do have Type II Diabetes and so I go have blood work done and checkup with doctor every three months, and my next appointment is early this March. I don't have a full three months to show this next check-in with her, but I am looking to do as much as I can to make all the difference I possibly can in my numbers. My last check-in with her my A1C was a 7.9, the lowest its been since I started to see her regularly. My triglycerides were sky high though and have been even on medication.

I'm using a FitBit Surge watch and the FitBit Aria scale so all sorts of measurements are synchronized to a website for analysis. I plan on weighing in every morning but I'm not focused on the numbers as what I'm after is to see the charts over time; in other words I want to be able to look back on a year's worth of data and see the charts. I'm not focused on how many pounds up or down each day--I am taking the long view on all this.

So far, I've had a salad and some boiled chicken and I feel full right now. For the salad dressing I mixed vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and some water and used table salt and pepper to season. I used more than a few tablespoons that might be a single serving size but I didn't lather it on either. I've also had a water bottle full of water and am about ready to refill it. I need to see if there is a measurement on there as I don't recall how much it holds from the package I threw away.

I had two cans of Mountain Dew yesterday and nothing at all today. I do have a mild headache but I barely notice it. My first and primary goal is to go this weekend with absolute zero cans of soda and then to get through Monday with none either. That would be three days without and maybe it will be easier by then. The idea is to keep myself busy with healthy other things to do so I don't even have time to think about the soda that I'm not taking in.

I am sort of jumping in with both feet but please believe I am and will continue to read the book all the way through so that I understand the concepts behind what makes this way of life so successful. I am a student and I always feel I have to have a solid grasp of the fundamentals of anything I try and learn, and this way of life is no different. Now that I've eaten, I am taking two courses at a community college so this afternoon I'll be busy doing homework and getting ahead in the classes.

Thank you everyone. This is my official, day 1 check-in post, and I look forward to seeing a positive progression over the next months in my posts here. I wish everyone just getting started or well into their own journey the best of luck and much success! Cheers!

Jason

Default Re: Official Weigh In - Saturday, Jan. 23 2016

Sounds like you're off to a great start with your meal today, Jason.

It also sounds like you have some great tools/toys there with the FitBit and scale.

If you have a liquid measuring glass/cup, fill your water bottle up and then pour it into the measuring cup---I had to do this recently because I did the same thing and threw away the label. I'm sure you know all about hydration and making sure you keep drinking the water.

Kudos to taking the courses!

One thing to consider is starting a journal in either Journal Chats or the Cheat Free Journals, we could always use some company over there. February starts new exercise challenges, so feel free to join in.

2/17/2019 SW: 226: CW: 219: First Goal, 4%: 217
    Phase: Rung 1, 20 carbs about.
    Exercise: 45-50, 5 days a week
    Stats: F, 46 yo

Hi Lisa,

That's a great tip. I did get lucky and saw the oz was marked at the 15 point and the 30 mark. So, 8, 8 oz. glasses of water is what I've read is recommended, so just slightly over 2 fill-ups a day and I've met my water goal (8*8=64, 30*2=60)? Am I doing the math correctly?

Jason

You have a very good plan in place and I'm sure you will get those numbers down before your next doctor's visit. She will be very proud of you for taking charge of your health and your life!

As for reading the book, we are right now in a Read-the Book Challenge and although it's too late for you to join it, you could read the thread and go along with us til the end. You may find it interesting. It's located in the Exercises and Miscellaneous Challenges Forum under the Annual and Semi-annual Challenges.
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

Quote Originally Posted by SmithJasonA View Post
    Hi Lisa,

That's a great tip. I did get lucky and saw the oz was marked at the 15 point and the 30 mark. So, 8, 8 oz. glasses of water is what I've read is recommended, so just slightly over 2 fill-ups a day and I've met my water goal (8*8=64, 30*2=60)? Am I doing the math correctly?

Jason
    I teach 3rd grade math, so that sounds right to me. Since you're also having to watch your sugar with diabetes and following the low carb, you may feel more thirsty than norm and having a busy bladder. It'll take some adjusting if you haven't had that much water every day.
    2/17/2019 SW: 226: CW: 219: First Goal, 4%: 217
    Phase: Rung 1, 20 carbs about.
    Exercise: 45-50, 5 days a week
    Stats: F, 46 yo