Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello 50+ Ladies?!

• Display
  1. Default Re: Hello 50+ Ladies?!

AtkinsSupporter, you'll be eating 2 or 3 cups from the SALAD VEGETABLES list and then 1 cup off the OTHER VEGETABLES list IF the salad vegetables were on 2 cups.
    that means 3 cups from the salad veggie list OR 2 cups from that list and 1 cup from the other veggie list.
    i would suggest not concentrating on the leafy greens of the list as in don't eat a salad of 1 cup romaine, 1 cup lettuce and 1 cup arugula. that will be it for the veggies in one day and you will not come even close to having most of your net carbs coming from veggies. us romaine or the other leafy greens to make veggie roll ups or wrapping around a piece of cheese.
    pumpkin and tomatoes and onions are really good for upping the net carbs. remember, most of the 20 net carbs allowed during induction should come from veggies.

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS
    ​​​​​​​​+30

Default Re: Hello 50+ Ladies?!

The carb quick is likely not allowed during induction. WHat are the ingredients? If there is any non Induction ingredient it could explain why things are slowing down. My favorite Induction veggies are pepers, green beans, asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower.

If you are serious about this get the 2002 book and READ it. It spells everything out so you are not making istakes and finding out when the scale stops moving
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

I just checked the ingredients. Definitely not allowed. First ingredient is a wheat derivative flour. Get the book.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Quote Originally Posted by chinadoll View Post
    The carb quick is likely not allowed during induction. WHat are the ingredients? If there is any non Induction ingredient it could explain why things are slowing down. My favorite Induction veggies are pepers, green beans, asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower.

If you are serious about this get the 2002 book and READ it. It spells everything out so you are not making istakes and finding out when the scale stops moving
    Where do you get 2002 edition?

5. Default Re: Hello 50+ Ladies?!

i got my last one off of amazon. you can also find them at flea markets and goodwill/salvation army stores.

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS
    ​​​​​​​​+30

Hi, I'm in the same boat but older, 65. Very hard for me to lose weight and I'm not as active since I retired. I was also wondering how meds affect the Atkins program. I take meds for Blood pressure and Crestor. I just started the program on April 14th and at 1 week weigh in I had lost 2 lbs. I want to lose 25 lbs. I am determined to do this. It is great to have this support. Good luck on your journey to lose weight and get healthier!

7. Default Re: Hello 50+ Ladies?!

Quote Originally Posted by DenStar View Post
    Hi, I'm in the same boat but older, 65. Very hard for me to lose weight and I'm not as active since I retired. I was also wondering how meds affect the Atkins program. I take meds for Blood pressure and Crestor. I just started the program on April 14th and at 1 week weigh in I had lost 2 lbs. I want to lose 25 lbs. I am determined to do this. It is great to have this support. Good luck on your journey to lose weight and get healthier!
    the good news is that if you do atkins properly, even if the weight loss is slow, you are almost assured that eventually you can get off the blood pressure meds and your cholesterol numbers should improve also. since you are already on the prescription meds, you should work closely with your doctor concerning the weight loss and the meds.

LATEST ACHIEVEMENTS
    ​​​​​​​​+30

Hi DenStar! Welcome to our international ADBB family!

I have no experience of how eating Atkins affects the medication you are on but can say that my (66 year old) cholesterol numbers were deemed "excellent" recently by the practice nurse and I have been eating Atkins for the last nearly 13 years

Jimmie is right that you will need to work with your doctor to change your prescriptions as your body gets used to this way of eating and starts to work better.

. . . .

SW290+/CW170/GW135 Premaintenance Phase F/68yrs/5ft 5.5"
    (Though due to collapsed vertebrae as a result of multiple myeloma I am now only 5'1" - but I refuse to recalculate my BMI )

Thanks Elizellen for your feedback. It is encouraging to know there will be so many benefits from the Atkins program. I am due a visit with the Dr. for labs next month, hopefully the numbers will be going down. This may be a slow process for me but my commitment level is high for the first time in a long while. With continued tracking and the awesome support from this group, I know I can do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12