Thread: Exercise Goals - Week of June 13-20

• Display

Default Exercise Goals - Week of June 13-20

I am starting back again from basically Ground Zero. Trying to rehab the knee and rebuild an exercise habit that has somehow gotten lost in the past couple of years. I am starting slow, real slow. But I figured if I post a goal for each week it will give me something to work towards.

This week's goal was to get myself to the new gym in town and sign up. I also ordered the equipment I needed online to continue my physical therapy for my knee at home.
    I completed both of those.

Next week's goals:

Get to the gym at least 4 days
    Bike 15 minutes each of those days to get the knee flexing again
    Complete my PT exercise a minimum of three times/ week
    Stretching sessions at least 3 x per week
    weightlifting - alternate chest/back and shoulders/arms and deadlifts and allowed legwork --just keep the rotation going
    One pilates exercise daily and one core exercise (non pilates) daily probably 100s and crunches for the first week

That's it. Will modify and up the expectations as I go.

Anyone else want to set some weekly goals? Happy to have company. Jill
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Default Re: Exercise Goals - Week of June 13-20

Looks like excellent goals, Jill. Glad you're able to do the PT from home.

I'll join you. My goal is to eventually run a full 3 miles without stopping. Whether or not that happens before winter, time will only tell, but I'm going to give it my best effort to try. I'm using the C25K app to help me.

This week's goal is to get through week 3 and do other strength training for my stamina during the other days...and finding wi-fi during our camping trip.
    2/17/2019 SW: 226: CW: 219: First Goal, 4%: 217
    Phase: Rung 1, 20 carbs about.
    Exercise: 45-50, 5 days a week
    Stats: F, 46 yo

Default Re: Exercise Goals - Week of June 13-20

I liked C25K. There were a couple of weeks where I stayed a few extra days before moving on, but it is a great program. I had some good podcasts for music with the time cues for each week---if you don't already some, you might want to google for them. Makes it so easy.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio