Thread: Review the Kickoff, please?

• Display

Images

Default Review the Kickoff, please?

Mon Aug 1, 2016
    Breakfast:
    Supplements & Meds: BP med, baby aspirin, Bronkaid, Multi, B1, B6, Biotin, Niacin, Vit K, Potass, Cal-Mg-Zn, Saw P., Lecithin, Alleve, Benadryl, Nyquil Capsule (PM).
    These (except vit K) are generally 1 or more times daily. I have omitted Ginseng drink (has honey) and about 8 supplements I had been using mid-day due to they all have caffeine. I may bring them back in later, though; caffeine has not been problematic for me in the past.

4 oz diet tonic water, 12 oz infusion in water of catmint & peppermint from garden with Crystal Light Cranberry powder.
    2 Large Eggs, with 1 cup salad veg (red peppers, dried button mushrooms, chives) spices, bacon grease & coconut oil as an omelet (eggs whisked with water & the spices).
    Fitday made it necessary to use caution entering this, as it seems the veggies have to be entered at their raw measurement, even if you cooked them afterwards. Entering the “cooked” veggie seems to assume your quantity to be that of the cooked down end amount. Also, I cannot find the breakdown of ingredients for their foods yet what should be the same is not. A large scrambled egg has twice the carbs of a large cooked egg, for instance. Does that mean their scrambled one had other ingredients?
    12.3g -2.3 fiber = 10.3 net. Yikes! Here’s how it ended up in Fitday:
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...boonie+stomper

Heaven forbid, counting the carbs in the supplements, too! (here's retry of [failed]attachment)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Boonie Stomper; August 1st, 2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: could not enlarge uploaded screenshot. Could not delete or find the other images where it resides - all mine. Tried again.
    ~Susan
    STAC MEMBER________________________Age: gettin' older/sex: F/ height: shrinkin' - Is there a TTAC?

I'm back... Third time's the charm, right? Hoping to "get carded" again someday as my youthful looks return ....I hope!!!
    This is my REAL Goal:...

Goal: Just DO It!

Default Re: Review the Kickoff, please?

Quote Originally Posted by boonie stomper View Post
    Mon Aug 1, 2016
    Breakfast:
    Supplements & Meds: BP med, baby aspirin, Bronkaid, Multi, B1, B6, Biotin, Niacin, Vit K, Potass, Cal-Mg-Zn, Saw P., Lecithin, Alleve, Benadryl, Nyquil Capsule (PM).
    These (except vit K) are generally 1 or more times daily. I have omitted Ginseng drink (has honey) and about 8 supplements I had been using mid-day due to they all have caffeine. I may bring them back in later, though; caffeine has not been problematic for me in the past.

4 oz diet tonic water, 12 oz infusion in water of catmint & peppermint from garden with Crystal Light Cranberry powder.
    2 Large Eggs, with 1 cup salad veg (red peppers, dried button mushrooms, chives) spices, bacon grease & coconut oil as an omelet (eggs whisked with water & the spices).
    Fitday made it necessary to use caution entering this, as it seems the veggies have to be entered at their raw measurement, even if you cooked them afterwards. Entering the “cooked” veggie seems to assume your quantity to be that of the cooked down end amount. Also, I cannot find the breakdown of ingredients for their foods yet what should be the same is not. A large scrambled egg has twice the carbs of a large cooked egg, for instance. Does that mean their scrambled one had other ingredients?
    12.3g -2.3 fiber = 10.3 net. Yikes! Here’s how it ended up in Fitday:
    boonie stomper - free online diet and fitness journal

Heaven forbid, conting the carbs in the supplements, too!
    Gave me heart palpitations for a second.....thought those pills WERE your breakfast!

The mint infusion is okay the powder probably isn't. Read the ingredients to make sure there isn't any fruit juice in it.

Enter eggs raw in fitday. Their scrambled eggs includes other ingredients, so the carb count is higher than it should be. I haven't used fitday in years so I didn't know it won't allow you to enter veggies as cooked.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Images

boonie stomper - free online diet and fitness journal

Between Meals:

2x 8 oz water (no change)

Lunch:
    1 cup Romain Hearts, 1 T Mayonnaise, 1oz cider vinegar, 1 tsp Spices (astd)(see how they got entered in Fitday if desired), 1 T dry parmesan cheese, 3 chicken drumsticks and skin (simmered in leftover seasoned pan grease & water from this a.m.)
    16.1gr. carbs - 3.7gr. fiber c (new combined total) = 12.4 net. (meal thus has 3.8gc 1.4 fiber gc = 2.4 net c), 16 oz water.
    ~Susan
    STAC MEMBER________________________Age: gettin' older/sex: F/ height: shrinkin' - Is there a TTAC?

I'm back... Third time's the charm, right? Hoping to "get carded" again someday as my youthful looks return ....I hope!!!

Images

Thanks, Megs. The Crystal Light does say it has some natural flavors in the ingredients, but lists also 5 calories/ less than 1 g carbs.

Note, I just added another meal in reply to this post.

As for Fitday, you got me wrong - of course you can enter veggies as cooked, but if you measured, say, a cup of raw spinach, in Fitday 1.1 grams total carbs, but you cooked it before eating it (as in you added to an omelette), you think, 'I ate cooked spinach" and try to enter that "1 cup, Spinach, Cooked" and it is going to give you 7.2 grams total carbs, like as if you MEASURED it after cooking.

Surely the ropes of using these fancy, updated websites (ADBB included, lol) will get easier to understand, once I have gotten tangled up in them a few times! :
    ~Susan

Lunch looks good.

I only used fitday to check recipes, never used it to track my carbs.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Images

Thanks, again, Megs. I may give up on Fitday before long (to time consuming) or it may just be I find it easier once there's my collection built and I choose the same foods (like the batches that I did tonight for future repeats). Will see if there's a way to clone a day and then just edit the copy where it varies (keeping my intake logged elsewhere until ready to enter it on Fitday).

Between PM Meals: 2x 8oz water

Dinner: 1 lb (raw wt) braised beef steak, 1 cup cabbage (raw measure), boiled, seasoned w/ salt, black pepper, MSG, 1 T wine vinegar and onion powder, 8oz water
    23.3gc 6.1fc (new combined total) = 17.2 net for today. (meal thus has 7.2gc - fc = 2.4 net c)

Possibly I may have more H2O to drink or diet tonic water (helps with charlie-horses).
    ~Susan

Images

My day 2 menu is here: DAY 2 OF INDUCTION thanks for the input!
    ~Susan