Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Thread: ROLL CALL who's with me?

• Display

Default Re: ROLL CALL who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by victcy View Post
    This is always the worst week of my year (in my childhood Easter was fun...) because I married into a culture that takes Easter very seriously as in the preparations are a huge deal so there is sooo much tension and family stress - even after 30 odd years I can't take it!!

Though for once my windows are cleaned, curtains washed before Good Friday... (could it be Atkins energy??) but today is the day the whole family makes special savoury Easter bread/cakes & it gets competitive, everyone is tired basically the opposite of fun!!

As I get older the simpler ways of my childhood become more & more attractive....
    It sounds like you had a very festive celebrations, victcy! My youngest daughter griped loudly about how we don't do anything at Easter any more...such as hide eggs, plan large meals, invite everyone over to the house, etc. It was a year ago that both she and her sister declared Easter as "a ridiculous custom". Like you, every year I age is one year more I love to make life simpler and enjoy the little things.

Quote Originally Posted by victcy View Post
    Happy Easter all....now I can enjoy things as the stress of preparation is over!! Am feeling so good as I have zero interest in the sweets that I have made for the family get together (its the job that falls to me!)......
    Good job! Sounds like your in control!
    There's no shame in making mistakes...it means you're human, and you're trying.
    SW: 234, CW: 226
    1st Goal: 229 SMASHED IT on 4/8
    2nd Goal: 224

Apparently I'm tired and I can't hit the right buttons these days.

Today was a good day and frustrating day.

Good because the scale showed 227, a 7 pound loss from over 2 weeks ago, and frustrating because we interviewed four candidates for a teaching position on my team----and we have it narrowed down to 2 candidates that we just can't decide...or agree on. The principal has the final decision, but we all of us have to come to a decision and agree on one and fight for them. It's going to be a tough week.

In the mean time....I'm feeling pretty powerful over a lot of vices. Except for coffee. I need my coffee.

Working on week 3 of induction.

Lisa, congrats on your loss! Keep it up!

I've been MIA again and I don't know how the days just slip by without me even noticing. I want to post everyday but I keep passing by the computer without even seeing it. I'm working on housecleaning and moving furniture from one room to another and when I take a break, I'm too tired to do anything else.

I hope everyone is doing good on their eating and exercising. This is the best time of year to get healthy because there's so much to do inside and out that it keeps us busy and away from the kitchen.

Have a great weekend!
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn

X 51 X 64 X6

Thank you, Nyna. It's a battle to eat healthy and live the real life. Passing by the computer is not a bad thing...but I miss reading your posts. I need to clean my house. We're hosting a bridal shower on Saturday---when a lot of my final projects are due. Gluten for punishment here, I guess.

I think today tops the day for me as the "worst day" for awhile. I'm sucking down black coffee more than I should. Drinking water less than I should. And swearing under my breath a lot more than I know I should.

Fire drill, not enough subs, kids talking about seeing each other in the toilet, using toilet language (me thinking about swearing but not saying it), one student threw up in the trash can in the corner of the room like a champ! Let's just say that if my boss comes to me about anything from today's events, I'm just going to direct him to the trash cans and the kids involved. 4 weeks left.

We got this. We can do this. It's not hard. Dealing with 22 needy third graders is hard. Having deal with a fire drill and not enough subs, and kids getting in trouble or throwing up...in one day, that's hard. Let's eat healthy because we know it's worth it.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324