Thread: Induction issues with my Lyme Disease

• Display

Default Induction issues with my Lyme Disease

I am reading DANDR, and started Induction 4 days ago. I have actually lost 5lbs already so I'm happy about that! I know a lot may be water weight but that's ok, we gotta get past the water weight to get to the real fat-burning. It's the worst time of the month for me as women can relate, so I'm sure I'm retaining a bit of water. My problem is, I'm not getting too much physical activity because of some rigorous antibiotic treatment for Lyme Disease (chronic Lyme is, in fact, a real medical issue!). It really leaves me extremely tired, achy, and I get tingling and numbness/pain in my hands up to my elbows that often keeps me up much of the night. I've read though, that a low-carb diet is probably the best diet for Lyme suffers out there. The other issue is that the antibiotics simply tear my stomach up. They leave me nauseated and with belly aches. That, combined with the fact that I haven't eaten anything "illegal" on these few days of Induction, well my appetite is suffering. I don't have much of one, and it is physically uncomfortable to eat as much as I know I should a day. I know I need more calories, fat, and such to have the most success here. I do have a bit of weight to lose so I plan on being on Induction (basically) for a good month or two. I am seriously considering maybe getting the Atkins low-carb shakes (I know they're not part of the "real" plan), just to have maybe one a day even, to get some more calories and food in me until this treatment passes. I definitely don't want to quit and wait until it's done to start Atkins, I'll be worse off for that.

Do you guys think that, for my situation, that is a good idea at least until I'm off treatment and feeling better?? Any tips or advice is appreciated!!! Anyone who has dealt with Lyme I'd love to hear from!!!

Thanks so much guys!!

Default Re: Induction issues with my Lyme Disease

Welcome to our international ADBB family Angel
    Your health issues certainly are making life tough for you. I hope doing Atkins does help alleviate things soon for you.

Instead of those shakes you could make soup from cooked meat and veggies by just wizzing it with added butter or cream in a food processor or blender, which would allow you to get some nutrition in more easily.

. . . .

SW290+/CW170/GW135 Premaintenance Phase F/68yrs/5ft 5.5"
    (Though due to collapsed vertebrae as a result of multiple myeloma I am now only 5'1" - but I refuse to recalculate my BMI )

Default Re: Induction issues with my Lyme Disease

Quote Originally Posted by Elizellen View Post
    Welcome to our international ADBB family Angel
    Your health issues certainly are making life tough for you. I hope doing Atkins does help alleviate things soon for you.

Instead of those shakes you could make soup from cooked meat and veggies by just wizzing it with added butter or cream in a food processor or blender, which would allow you to get some nutrition in more easily.
    Thanks Elizellen, ya I definitely wasn't expecting to get Lyme Disease, and had no idea how much it just sucks! That's a good idea about the soup. Things are just not sitting on my stomach well with all the high-dose antibiotics right now. I may even just make a broth and add some heavy cream or butter or something just to get some more good fats and sustenance in me while I'm going through treatment, which this round should be done in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.