Thread: Question about eating frequency

• Display

Default Question about eating frequency

Hi all, I've got a question I've been reading the book and the website and both (as far as i've seen) seem to say we need to eat every 4-6 hours. But i saw in the diabetic forum someone saying something about only eating when hungry. I'd rather only eat when I'm hungry since sometimes its longer than 4-6 hours between meals or snacks but I've been trying to eat at least every 4-6 due to what i'd read. Is that actually necessary? All this protein and fat is keeping me really full and I hate to feel like i'm stuffing myself. How often do you eat? Any recommendations/ideas? Thanks so much!

329lbs ~ 309lbs ~ 200lbs
    5'11" ~ Female ~ 34 yrs old
    10/31/2016

Images

Default Re: Question about eating frequency

Hi there amorky!
    I think the reasoning behind the 6 hour rule is that one should eat something in order to keep your metabolism revved. I would suggest, if you are not hungry, just eat a small, high fat, Atkins legal snack...like two or three olives, or a piece of cheese. I agree with you, that eating a full meal would not be a good thing if you are not hungry. That way, you can wait to eat a proper meal when your hunger returns.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

F/64 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 59.9 kg.