Thread: Protein Shake- Whey Isolate protein during Induction

• Display

Default Protein Shake- Whey Isolate protein during Induction

I am starting Induction phase now.I take protein shake 2 times a day which has Sweetener (Sucralose) in it.Nutritional Information are present here. Please let me know if this is safe to take during induction

Default Re: Protein Shake- Whey Isolate protein during Induction

We don't recommend shakes here and it seems that 439 calories per serving with you drinking 2 of them a day, is too many out of your diet. I know Atkins says don't count calories but they do count. IMO, you would do better to get your protein from real food because it's more satisfying and has nutrients that aren't in the shakes.
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

Quote Originally Posted by blueberrylady View Post
    We don't recommend shakes here and it seems that 439 calories per serving with you drinking 2 of them a day, is too many out of your diet. I know Atkins says don't count calories but they do count. IMO, you would do better to get your protein from real food because it's more satisfying and has nutrients that aren't in the shakes.
    Agreed , but do you think it will kick me out of my ketosis ? Calorie part , I can balance it out as I will need minimum 2000 kcal a day.

It may kick you out of ketosis depending on how sweet it is. Even artificial sweeteners can cause cravings and stale weight loss. I know shakes are nice and I keep some around too for emergencies when I don't have time to eat breakfast some mornings, but I use them only once a month or so, not everyday.

I remember when they first came out with meal replacement drinks and I tried them but they weren't satisfying in the long run. We need something to chew so we know we are getting the foods we need. So if they don't continue to work for you, go back to real food instead of giving up all together. Liquids just don't fill us up enough.
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn
    X 52 X 64 X16

It contains Sucralose which is very much allowed in Induction . I am taking my food properly 3 times a day. Shakes just keeps me full during afternoon and evening.This in no way is a meal replacement for me.I am still not getting why you are saying its might kick me out of ketosis.

Current Weight 143 Kg
    Goal Weight 99 Kg
    Height - 5ft 5 inches
    Last edited by livinggourmand; January 5th, 2017 at 06:55 AM.