Thread: Why isn't my induction kicking yet, its been 7 days.

• Display

Default Why isn't my induction kicking yet, its been 7 days.

I have been on induction for a week now, working out with weights (light weight) and cross trainer 10 min .
    Listing down all i have eaten in this 7 days.
    Whole Chicken
    Cod fish,Salmon Fish
    Chicken Liver Pate(No Sugar)
    Mozzarella Cheese Ball
    Onion
    Mayo with < 0.5 g sugar
    Whey Protein Isolate(Sucrose)
    Coffee with little cream no sugar

What is wrong in this?
    On KetoStix I can see slight ketosis.

Default Re: Why isn't my induction kicking yet, its been 7 days.

Ditch the whey protein isolate for now. Increase your added fat. And eat a variety of the Induction veggies rather than only onions. also drink your water.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Quote Originally Posted by not2late View Post
    Ditch the whey protein isolate for now.
    Reason for that ?

Increase your added fat.
    tell me what all should I eat in day

Re: whey protein

It might be inhibiting your weight loss, especially if you have a food sensitivity to it. Whey is one of the milk proteins.

Note: per Dr. Atkins, the protein powders are not acceptable during Induction phase.

65% of your daily calories should be from fat. Atkins is a high fat diet, not a high protein diet. Fat is what helps to get us into ketosis and it helps increase our satiety between meals.
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Re: whey protein

It might be inhibiting your weight loss, especially if you have a food sensitivity to it. Whey is one of the milk proteins.

Note: per Dr. Atkins, the protein powders are not acceptable during Induction phase.

65% of your daily calories should be from fat. Atkins is a high fat diet, not a high protein diet. Fat is what helps to get us into ketosis and it helps increase our satiety between meals.
    Please tell me what to eat in fat.am I expected to eat spoons of butter just like that?

First how much weight overall are you trying to lose?

Of course at almost a hundred pounds overweight I have seen a huge loss but if you have say 40 lbs to lose then expect about 4-8 lbs to drop in the induction phase.

No need to eat spoonfuls of butter just cook your scrambled eggs in it, eat fattier fish and meats, put some in your morning hot drink. Check out coconut oil. You can track your percentages through an application like fitday. I'd be glad to share mine. I go for higher percentages though. 5% carbs, 70-80% fat and then what is left over is my protein.

This is kind of a basic Atkins Induction day for me:

Breakfast - 4 strips of bacon, 2 scrambled eggs cooked with a pat of butter with 1 tbsp of heavy whipping cream (check those as well. Some have 1 sugar and 2 carbs), 1 oz shredded cheddar and 1/4 avocado with a dollop of sour cream (check that label as well). Sometimes I'll have some satueed mushrooms too. Coffee with heavy cream and 1 tsp of coconut oil. I'll have about 3 cups of that.

Water, water, water.....

Lunch - Salad 1 cup of shredded romaine, 1 hardboiled slived egg, canned red salmon, boiled prawns or tuna fish, Marie's blue cheese 1 heaping tbsp. 1/2 a small tomato and 1/4 of an avocado. Large iced tea with a splash of lemon.

water, water, green tea.....

Dinner - Corned beef (I use the brisket for the fat and cook in a crockpot.) and 1 cup of cabbage with mustard and red wine vinegar. Or steak and mashed mock potatoes (cooked cauliflower mashed with butter, cream cheese, cheddar and salt & pepper). There are many different recipes for it. Salmon with green beans and butter. Homemade meatballs with melted mozzarella on top and a bit of lowest sugar tomato sauce over spaghetti squash (gives you that pasta feel). Baked chicken with the skin on and asparagus with homemade hollandaise sauce.

Dessert - 1/4 cup of whipping cream whipped with a little vanilla extract and frozen or an eggnog shake. See under recipes. Or sliced tomato broiled with mozzarella on top. Decaf green tea with 1 tsp of coconut oil. Beddy bye.

As I draw closer to goal I'll have to cut down the heavy cream or remove it. Some foods that are allowed can still trip you up. We are individuals and we respond different to different foods. Some people cannot have peanut butter in their house at all. Some people have trouble with cheese. Some people have trouble with certain vegetables, nuts, berries. It's a learning experience.

Hang in there and post your daily menu for people here to look at. Don't be shy and do not take mistakes personally because we all did them. I used to still use A-1 Sauce, ketchup, carrots, salsa without thinking. Onions also have some sugar as far as I know. It takes some time to know what you are doing. This is simple but not easy. I used to think people were too tough but really they just want you to succeed. Some people keep diet coke in their life and others still have some wine. This is a lifestyle. It has to fit in your schedule and your individual needs. BUT like any meal plan to lose weight there are some things you just cannot have and you will learn other ways to make them like mashed potatoes. If you haven't experimented with cauliflower yet you need to. It's like the #1 favorite vegetable of low carb eating. You can make rice, potatoes, pizza crust, etc with it. And for breading using parmesan cheese or pork rinds is fabulous.

If you are drinking water and your keto stuips are trace as they should be then you are fine. The easiest way for me to tell is that metallic taste and also being very thirsty. I just remember using those stri and wanting to rip out my hair. They are a tool but not very reliable. When your appetite decreases as you add fat then you will know. Eat more carbs to stimulate appetite and less to decrease it.

Keep heart and keep pushing onward. This way of eating works.

Restarted Atkins 1/6/2017
    SW 229.6
    CW 210.4
    GW 138

By perseverance the snail reached the ark.~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

OWL Rung 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen1976 View Post
    First how much weight overall are you trying to lose?

Of course at almost a hundred pounds overweight I have seen a huge loss but if you have say 40 lbs to lose then expect about 4-8 lbs to drop in the induction phase.

No need to eat spoonfuls of butter just cook your scrambled eggs in it, eat fattier fish and meats, put some in your morning hot drink. Check out coconut oil. ...............

my goal is to loose 50 kg. Its a long way to go.
    Current Weight : 133 KG
    Initial Weight :143 KG
    Target Weight :90 KG
    Height:5 Feet 4 inch
    Restarted Atkins's Diet on 4th Jan 2017.

Okay so close to my amount I want to lose as well. I see why you are frustrated then. I would definitely encourage you to post your menus and really be mindful of every little thing you put in your mouth. Some of us like just keeping a writing good diary and others like myself enjoy using an application like Fitday. I like free. Fitday Classic works for me. Are you only relying on keto sticks or using your other tools like how clothing fits, the scale and using a measuring tape?
    Restarted Atkins 1/6/2017
    SW 229.6
    CW 210.4
    GW 138

By perseverance the snail reached the ark.~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

OWL Rung 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen1976 View Post
    Okay so close to my amount I want to lose as well. I see why you are frustrated then. I would definitely encourage you to post your menus and really be mindful of every little thing you put in your mouth. Some of us like just keeping a writing good diary and others like myself enjoy using an application like Fitday. I like free. Fitday Classic works for me. Are you only relying on keto sticks or using your other tools like how clothing fits, the scale and using a measuring tape?
    Ok I m downloading the app now Thanks. Will keep in touch with you
    Current Weight : 133 KG
    Initial Weight :143 KG
    Target Weight :90 KG
    Height:5 Feet 4 inch
    Restarted Atkins's Diet on 4th Jan 2017.

If it hasn't been mentioned you absolutely positively MUST have the book! Dr. Atkins' Boxed Set: Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution; New Diet Cookbook; New Carb Gram Counter by M.D., Rober Atkins Robert C. |, Hardcover | Barnes & Noble® this is the one you need, but it anywhere. We can provide a lot of help but you MUST have the basics down or you'll sabotage yourself without ever knowing it. Starting into this without a solid foundation equals disaster.