Thread: Don't what to eat now

• Display

Default Don't what to eat now

Hello,
    I have been doing lchf on and off for a few years.
    Basicly Atkins induction for about a year now.
    7 months ago my LDL cholesterol was 140 and now it's 350.
    This is devastating to me because I love this way of life and have lost almost 100 lbs.
    My Dr just put me on the highest mg of lipitor 80 mg.
    And now I don't what to eat.
    I don't want to be on the medication because I'm a serious high risk of diabetes.
    My sister just died from it.
    But I'm also a super high risk of stroke and heart attack. My father died of heart attack when he was only 44.
    I'm 49 Caucasian female.
    I need a plan of action and I don't know where to start.
    I'm thinking I want to go on a cholesterol lowering diet plan and still eat lchf.
    I'm not sure if it's even possible.
    Any suggestions would be helpful.
    I'm not sure if I'm even in the right place or forum.
    It's confusing to me.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Images

Default Re: Don't what to eat now

Hi englelisa.
    I understand your worries about high cholesterol. I too had a huge spike in cholesterol and it's looking like it was due to hypothyroidism...so it might be something for you to check. My LDL went way down when I started different thyroid meds (though these now cause other probs....can't win!).
    Another thing to look at are your ratios (LDL, HDL, Trigs etc.). You might find that these are very good - especially if you've been low carbing for a long time. Exercise helps too.
    If you can avoid the statins I think it would be a good thing...but that's just my personal feeling.
    Hang in there... there's very likely a solution that will balance out all these seemingly contrasting issues, but it might take a bit of searching and the right doctors to advise you.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Pledging Flights challenge:
    Never Ending Staircase - segment from 20.000 to 22.000 flights. Completed: 21800/22000
    Travelling Roads, Trails and Ancient Routes:
    Oregon Trail (2170 miles) from Independence Missouri to Oregon City: 1584.0/2170

F/63 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 59.7 kg.