Thread: (Low Blood Sugar) Headaches During 14-day Induction?

• Display

Default (Low Blood Sugar) Headaches During 14-day Induction?

I had a lot of success with Atkins when I was younger and, now that Im in my 50s, Im trying it again to take off some pounds. I am just beginning the induction and find I am getting slight headaches that I think come from hypoglycemia, which I have been diagnosed with in the past. Anybody else had this problem and have any suggestions as to how to avoid this?

Default Re: (Low Blood Sugar) Headaches During 14-day Induction?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-0 View Post
    I had a lot of success with Atkins when I was younger and, now that Im in my 50s, Im trying it again to take off some pounds. I am just beginning the induction and find I am getting slight headaches that I think come from hypoglycemia, which I have been diagnosed with in the past. Anybody else had this problem and have any suggestions as to how to avoid this?
    Post your menu---everything you eat, including amounts. It could be you are eating too few carbs (yes! that is possible).
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Images

I agree with Megs, it could be a few too few carbs. You could try and increase your veggies just a little to see if that does the trick.
    Alternatively it could be a mild touch of what we call 'induction flu'...which is just your body detoxing from carbs. Usually induction flu doesn't last more than three or four days.
    Hope the headaches disappear soon, one way or another.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Pledging Flights challenge:
    Never Ending Staircase - segment from 20.000 to 22.000 flights. Completed: 20499/22000
    Travelling Roads, Trails and Ancient Routes:
    Oregon Trail (2170 miles) from Independence Missouri to Oregon City: 1340.5/2170

F/63 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 61.1 kg.

Thanks for the responses. I have been trying to keep my carbs as close to zero as possible. I feel good today. I am going to try and increase my intake of leafy vegetables to see if that helps. Thanks for the tip about induction flu. Makes a lot of sense.