Thread: Another successfull Atkins dieter

• Display

Default Another successfull Atkins dieter

Hello
    I am now 68 years old and started the Atkins diet about 20 years ago. I lost 22kg and reached my goal weight without any troubles. At that time I used the original Dr Atkins Diet Revolution. I think it came to winter and lost it. I obviously didn't understand how to do the maintenance.

Since then I've been on the diet on and off all these years. I even tried lots of other diets to see if they were any easier (mainly to maintain). But, I even had more trouble with them to lose than the Atkins. Up till recently I did the diet only because I knew that it wasn't good to be over weight.

About 18 months ago, I had a regular blood test and found my glucose was up and had a fatty liver. I asked my doctor to leave things alone for a while for me to lose weight and we'll do the blood test again. He agreed. I lost 22 kg and had the blood test again. My glucose was back to normal and no fatty liver.

Then winter came again and put on about 12kg. Now at the end of summer I lost the 12 kg again. I still need to lose some more weight and I think I can do that before winter to do maintenance. I think I understand the maintenance better then before. So I think I will be ok. This is where I am now - dieting, in ketosis, losing.
    That's about it for row.

Images

Default Re: Another successfull Atkins dieter

Welcome to the Board - I understand your story, cold weather can affect me too! (It shouldn't, especially as winter vegetables are so tasty...)

Thank you.
    It's not so much the food but not walking. I usually have a 1 hour brisk walk (about 5.7km - 3miles) each day. This is great in summer but hate the walk in winter. This changes my whole attitude in winter that I had trouble with before.

Images

Welcome aboard and congrats on your past successes...plus of course best wishes for your future ones!
    Like you, I walk every day. At the moment am dogless, but I can recommend dogs as the very best treadmills...they keep you at it, summer, winter, spring and fall!!
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Pledging Flights challenge:
    Never Ending Staircase - segment from 20.000 to 22.000 flights completed
    Ben Nevis, Scotland: 587/587 + 2 in hand
    Travelling Roads, Trails and Ancient Routes:
    Oregon Trail (2170 miles) from Independence Missouri to Oregon City: 1799.5/2170

F/63 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 58.8 kg.

Images

Have you ever had a look at the 'walking at home' videos on "you tube"? Before trying them out I had no idea what a useful (& truthfully fun) way to augment exercise they are. Admittedly you might have to find a time when you won't have an audience!! But you don't need a lot of room & there are walks at all different levels, some very low impact...always useful! Or some that include using weights - two instructors I have used are Leslie Sansom & Jessica Smith (who is a bit more exercisey...?!)