Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's everybody?

• Display

Default Where's everybody?

Where's everybody at on this amazing Atkins day?

I was going to say something prophetic like "Journey" or "Pathway", but I'm currently moody and could eat something that's not relevant to low carb, and I could possibly take down a cheetah running at full speed across the Sahara desert. So, the plain and simple is what I got.

I'm currently surviving week 3 of my 1,000,333th time on an induction and so far have successfully removed 7 pounds from around my middle section. I'm considering my options of either moving on to OWL or just hangin' with induction--because we just have the best times together. Since the first rung is just more veggies, that might be an option.

How's everyone else fairing?

It's quiet around here. One could fall asleep...
    There's no shame in making mistakes...it means you're human, and you're trying.
    SW: 235
    80 Day Obsession with eating healthy and exercising every day; until December 13th, the 80th day.
    Induction for two weeks
    5 days of interval training, 2 days of yoga or walking.

2. Default Re: Where's everybody?

i am doing horribly, since you asked. on track food wise and all but not losing anything. i'm sick of it, i'm sick of trying.
    i know my activity has been like it is during the summer, warmer months but still............ you'd think i'd be able to lose a pound in 2 months.

Default Re: Where's everybody?

I'm still here and just started back on Induction yesterday....and so far, so good. I'd like to lose 10 lbs. or so to make my summer clothes more comfortable. Winter is always a lazy time around here and I always put on a few pounds, as I think most people do. So we are in this together and I know we will succeed, so take heart friends, because we are on our way!
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn

X 52 X 64 X16

Images

Hanging in there. I'd managed to lose the post Christmas 'extra' but was hoping to go a little lower, so as to have a little leeway....but no. My body seems not to want to go any lower these days. It took a couple of glasses of wine over Easter to put on over half a kilo (grrrrr!). Hopefully mostly water weight; at least that's what I'm telling myself. Have not updated siggy with this weight as I don't plan for the extra to stick around for more than a couple of days. I've also had to reduce my thyroid meds due to palpitations, which doesn't help matters. I am determined though....
    We can do this!!
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Pledging Flights challenge:
    Never Ending Staircase - segment from 22.000 to 24.000 flights : 506/2000
    Travelling Roads, Trails and Ancient Routes:
    Oregon Trail (2170 miles) from Independence Missouri to Oregon City: 2055/2170

F/63 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 59.6 kg.

Blog Entries

I'm feeling pretty good - eating well and exercising. However, I do not appear to be losing as fast as I would like. But, i have to keep going because I don't think I'm going to get another chance at it. I've started so many times, I just need to accept this and do it. Even if it slows down and stops - it beats the alternative - for me at least.

-K
    Kagi

305 / 279 / 220

Images

Sorry to hear we're all struggling a bit. Keep at it my pals...it might not happen overnight, but persistance is the key; of that, I'm positive.

Is it my imagination though, or is springtime a more difficult time of year for losing? Seems to me more folk seem to hit plateaus or have pauses in their losses in springtime. I would have thought it would be the opposite after the winter, when it would seem logical to hold onto weight more, as protection against the cold (ok...not in Australia) and losses would then accelerate around end March/April.
    Just an impression of mine and no scientific basis that I know of.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

I'm hanging in there. I'm struggling to eat enough. Lots of family illnesses and now the cat. It's not pouring, it's a flooding!
    ~Megs~
    242/141/124-126
    dress size 26/10/8
    5'4", Female, May 2, 2003
    My blog:
    http://mformiscellaneous.blogspot.com/

"At a dinner party one should eat wisely but not too well, and talk well but not too wisely."--W. Somerset Maugham

Images

Just sending you guys good vibes and encouragement!
    F

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7c0zEG/weight.png

If I could share the High School Musical song, "We're all in this together", I would. Just imagine me signing it to you....or not. We've got this...it sucks, but we got this.

No lie, it's been the worst week ever...maybe a close second to a few years ago. Youngest daughter got in an accident on Tuesday...everyone's okay, seat belts were worn, tempers were high. Now it's up to the insurance companies to work out the issues. I'm reminding myself that this is why we pay the big bucks for car insurance.

I'm also counting two weeks until graduation....and my brain hurts from the work I still have to do to get there. I keep wanting to drown my sorrows in a bottle of wine....with Jack, Jose, and any other friends, but the scale's reminding me to keep avoiding those "friends".

I hope the weather's getting warmer in your place of the world.
    There's no shame in making mistakes...it means you're human, and you're trying.
    SW: 235
    80 Day Obsession with eating healthy and exercising every day; until December 13th, the 80th day.
    Induction for two weeks
    5 days of interval training, 2 days of yoga or walking.

Images

Sorry about your horrid week Lisa. But so glad your daughter wasn't hurt in the accident (or other people).
    As for the 'friendly' wine....how I empathise with the drowning of sorrows in wine. It's always been a weakness. Kudos to you for avoiding so far! I'm still paying for a few drinks over Easter...the most divine country wine made locally, with no additives and hence never a headache the next day...I could drink it like water!
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast