Thread: Hello...again...

• Display

Default Hello...again...

Hello everyone!

I have been on and off the Atkins wagon - a LOT more "off" than "on" but it's time to change that. I am diabetic (Type II) and in January my a1c was 10.2 (a HORRIBLE number!). That day I quit sugar and flour. Last week my a1c was down to 7.5, still a tad high, but SO much better. My sugars are up around 250-300 again. Sigh. My sugars right now are 327. That's so bad. But then I realize that I have had blueberries (way too many!), mashed potato, white rice, some chicken, and an orange. Wow. Carb city. I'm so disappointed in myself.

BUT...I'm not beating myself up. There is no reason to. I am, however, going to change. No more. I am jumping back on the Atkins wagon and I am strapping in this time so I do not fall off!

So starting in the morning (I'm about to go to bed), I am restarting Induction. Tomorrow night we are going out with friends - I asked them where they would prefer to go and they said Texas Roadhouse - works for me! I'll look over the menu before we go out so I know what I'll get ahead of time.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and looking forward to being held accountable!
    Crystal
    250/249/135

May Goals:
    RE-start Induction and complete it this time!!
    Get some sort of exercise daily, even if only walking to the cemetery and back
    Track all that I eat/drink
    Re-read Dr. Atkins' book

June Goals:
    Exercise 30 minutes per day (even if only slow walking)
    Get my water intake up - By the end of the month be consistently drinking 64 oz. per day

Ongoing Goals:
    Mini weight Goal 1 - 225 Pounds
    Mini weight Goal 2 - 199 Pounds
    Mini weight Goal 3 - 175 pounds
    Mini weight Goal 4 - 149 pounds
    Weight Goal - 135 pounds

(This is my starting photo at about 253 pounds)

Images

Default Re: Hello...again...

Welcome aboard Crystal! (Really like your 'strapping in' comment!!) Your determination will make this work for you & it is great to have a fellow walker around, its my activity of choice I walk 5 times a week & enjoy it!! (Before this Board I did no exercise...!)

Welcome back to your international ADBB family, Crystal!
    It looks as if you are in the right mindset to be successful in staying on plan
    Last edited by Elizellen; May 10th, 2017 at 02:52 AM.

Not sure how to get most of your net carbs from vegetables on induction? Read our latest "Eat your Vegetables" challenge thread to learn how we did it!
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/forums/annual-semi-annual-challenges/120246-november-2016-veggie-challenge.html

. . . .

SW290+/CW170/GW135 Premaintenance Phase F/62yrs/5ft 5.5"
    (Though due to collapsing vertebrae as a result of multiple myeloma I am now only 5'1" - but I refuse to recalculate my BMI )

Welcome home! Glad you're here!
    There's no shame in making mistakes...it means you're human, and you're trying.
    SW: 235
    80 Day Obsession with eating healthy and exercising every day; until December 13th, the 80th day.
    Induction for two weeks
    5 days of interval training, 2 days of yoga or walking.

Images

Welcome back! How cool that you've decided to hop back on the wagon. You won't regret your decision, I'm sure.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Pledging Flights challenge:
    Never Ending Staircase - segment from 22.000 to 24.000 flights : 421/2000
    Travelling Roads, Trails and Ancient Routes:
    Oregon Trail (2170 miles) from Independence Missouri to Oregon City: 2037.1/2170

F/63 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 58.8 kg.

Welcome back, plummer!

You certainly have good motivation to keep going with your sugar being so high. But in a few days, you're going to feel so much better so just stick with it.
    Aka Nyna ~~~~I LOVE ATKINS!!!

"Either you run the day, or the day runs you". Jim Rohn

X 52 X 64 X16