Thread: I'm back!

• Display

Default I'm back!

I've been gone for awhile but I haven't forgotten or forsaken the board. I've just had a busy and bad month. I lost my favorite dog after a long illness just as we are were getting ready to open for our 24th blueberry season but things have slowed down and settled into a routine now.

I'm on maintenance still although I'm not down to what was my original goal weight but I'm on plan and happy were I'm at. It's taken a lot of years for me to realize that I can be content with a higher weight than I always thoughtwas right for me, so being here isn't bothering me at all. I just need to stay on track. stay active and keep from gaining.

I missed the sign up for the current 6 WEC but I'll be doing the next one when it rolls around.

So what has everyone else been doing lately?

Images

Default Re: I'm back!

Good to see you back Nyna - and I'm so sorry for the loss of your faithful friend.

I too have been busy with my daughter moving out (tho' we still !!!!! have boxes of her stuff that she can obviously live without but can't bear to throw away) we decided to downsize. So what I thought would be a relatively easy transference of bedrooms has turned out not to be so! My youngest son is taking over the top half of our place turning it into a small (2 bedrooms mind you) self contained flat & we go back to being a 2 bedroom flat underneath him. But our bedrooms are smaller with a lot less cupboard space...to me bliss, throwing out & letting go.To my husband a nightmare, he can't let go!!

So I have painted, traipsed a million times up and downstairs mostly with other peoples stuff - but I have a new bed with storage drawers on wheels (I thought an impossible dream!!) & heaven itself a new mattress. And from next month a much smaller home to clean....so a busy time that is not yet over, but it will be worth it and my knees are so happy with the idea of less stairs in my life!!

But .....am thinking that in October (when it cools down) the kitchen & living room could do with painting especially with daughter's wedding round the corner....I'm mad but on plan perhaps I'm experiencing an Atkins energy surge....!

Images

Very nice to see you back again Nyna! But so sorry to hear about your losing your dog. That must have been a blow.
    Hope your blueberry season was plentiful!

Over here we're jogging through the season, which is slow after last years earthquakes. People haven't forgotten and they got so much publicity.
    Heatwave here with temps up to 111F. Too hot to do too much!
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Travelling Roads, Trails and Ancient Routes:
    John o'Groats Trail, Scotland (from Inverness to John o'Groats) : 57.2/146 miles
    Pledging Flights challenge:
    Never Ending Staircase - segment from 22.000 to 24.000 flights : 1403/2000 flights

F/64 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 59.6 kg.

4. Default Re: I'm back!

Quote Originally Posted by blueberrylady View Post
    I've been gone for awhile but I haven't forgotten or forsaken the board. I've just had a busy and bad month. I lost my favorite dog after a long illness just as we are were getting ready to open for our 24th blueberry season but things have slowed down and settled into a routine now.

I'm on maintenance still although I'm not down to what was my original goal weight but I'm on plan and happy were I'm at. It's taken a lot of years for me to realize that I can be content with a higher weight than I always thoughtwas right for me, so being here isn't bothering me at all. I just need to stay on track. stay active and keep from gaining.

I missed the sign up for the current 6 WEC but I'll be doing the next one when it rolls around.

So what has everyone else been doing lately?
    you have automatic sign up.

so sorry for your loss of a furry friend. i know a few adbb members have had the same experience. sally for one.

Thank you ladies, for the condolences for my constant companion of 12 years. Yes, it was a blow. She had been sick for 3 years and we knew she didn't have much longer but I still didn't want to let her go.

victcy, I had a similar experience with my older daughter when she moved back home with all the 'stuff' she had acquired over 15 years away including 3 50 gallon salt water fish tanks, a pottery wheel and everything else a person holds onto over the years. It was supposed to be a 4 month stay while her house was being build but the contractor took her money and left, so it turned into a 2 year stay.

Sally, sorry to hear that you've lost a furry friend too. It's so sad. I hope the temperatures there have dropped as they have here. We were sweltering too all through July but now it's bearable.

Jo, thanks for letting me know I still have auto-sign up. I'll check exercise book I keep and then get caught up.

Well, guess what? I'm back...again!

Dh and I have been talking about taking a trip and last Wednesday, he said, "Let's just do it! So we packed the camper and took off on Thursday and arrived back here late last night. I have a lot of unpacking to do so will post again when I have time.

Images

WB Nyna! Your camper trip sounds like lots of fun. It's great to just sometimes take off on the spur of the moment and often makes for the best holidays.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

Travelling Roads, Trails and Ancient Routes:
    John o'Groats Trail, Scotland (from Inverness to John o'Groats) : 57.2/146 miles
    Pledging Flights challenge:
    Never Ending Staircase - segment from 22.000 to 24.000 flights : 1403/2000 flights

F/64 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 59.6 kg.

Thanks, Sally. I agree that spontaneous trips can be the best and.....we are off again. This time to help a friend move from KY to FLA and we will probably be gone for at least a week. Thank goodness our grown kids live right here close to us and take care of the place while we're gone.

Will post when I can.