Thread: Banana and cottage cheese

• Display

Default Banana and cottage cheese

Hi everyone,

I have lost 93 pounds on this diet. I am wondering for maintenance is it ok to eat a banana and cottage cheese as a meal? I do watch what I eat and bananas have a lot of nourishment. Thanks

Images

Default Re: Banana and cottage cheese

Hi Cody! Congrats on your fabulous 93 pound loss. That's so cool!
    Bananas are carb heavy so you might want to be wary at the start. I too am in maintenance, but find I can't really eat more than half a banana and that only now and again...but we are all different.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

F/64 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 59.9 kg.

Hi Sally,

Thank you so much for answering. I too had my dought about bananas. I noticed I crept up a couple pounds. I thought it might be the bananas. I think I will stick to the oranges.

How much weight have you lost in pounds? and how long has it been since your weightloss. Mine has been over a year and I will always eat low carb. Thanks again for answering

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cody11 View Post
    Hi Sally,

Thank you so much for answering. I too had my dought about bananas. I noticed I crept up a couple pounds. I thought it might be the bananas. I think I will stick to the oranges.

How much weight have you lost in pounds? and how long has it been since your weightloss. Mine has been over a year and I will always eat low carb. Thanks again for answering
    The key with carby foods is trial and error (or hopefully no error!! ). Maintenance can be harder than the weight loss phase in some ways.

To answer your question... from heaviest weight to lowest weight I lost 22 kilos...i.e. just over 48 lbs. However, you'll see from my siggy that I moved up a bit (to where my body seems happiest) and then stabilised there after a few ups and downs. Still have ups and downs, but right now am at a post Christmas high. Working on it though and the extra lbs are easing off slowly. Would be happy to drop another 5 or 6 lbs. We'll see. Being hypothyroid doesn't help, but with patience, I get there. Christmas is often my temporary nemesis, but have always avoided going back above my one time goal weight!

I've been doing Atkins since January 2005....and lost my 48+ lbs by August or September of that same year; so have been in maintenance for a good long time. Atkins is totally second nature now and I don't think I would ever go back to eating a ton of carbs permanently. I no longer do much weighing or measuring, but am always aware of new foods and amounts and try to stay vigilant.

Good work on maintaining for a year. If you can do a year you can make it permanent...and I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy the odd banana now and again.
    Before & After
    Doggie Max's award

F/64 yrs/ - SW: 78 kg; GW: 65 kg; LW: 56 kg; CW 59.9 kg.