Thread: I am back

• Display

Blog Entries

Default I am back

Hi, I am Kevin. Back in 2015, while living in Ecuador I lost 70 plus pounds following Atkins as far as food while drinking a moderate amount (for an Irishman) of beer. At the time I was 68 years old. I returned to live in the states the end of 2015 and started eating fast food that I thought I was missing plus drinking high calorie, high alcohol beers. The result, I gained the weight back.

Five months ago I decided to quit drinking. Just decided I didn't need it and I feel better every day. Three days ago, I started Atkins again. My goal is to loose seven to ten pounds monthly until I can get my weight under 200 lbs. I am excited to start loosing again.

This group gave me much encouragement back in 2015 and I am sure this will be the case now. Thanks in advance. Any help, suggestions, tips, etc. are appreciated.

Default Re: I am back

Howdy!
    I'm back too
    At least I'm hoping so - it's been about 18 months since I've been
    Around here ...

Hi Amy, nice to "see" another familiar face
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Sorry Kevin, somehow I saw Amy's post and missed yours. Welcome back to the WOE. There don;t seem to be many of us around but I know I need the daily check-ins for myself. I would sat you have a good attitude going into this. Just be mindful of your quantities and follow the rules. I was on the board for a LONG time but probably not when you were here (I was taking care of my elderly parents and that took all my energy and mental strength at the time). Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Hi! I'm back to!! I noticed my last activity on this board was in 2005 (!). Back then I lost weight and eversince I've been jo-jo'ing and trying all kinds of diets. Lately I read about KETO and thought it was an updated version of Atkins. However, the switch did not turn correctly... I kept eating fruit. Now, after a vacation I am back to Atkins. It was my lifesaver once, so it wil have to be again. I am using the app FITATU to keep track of my daily carb inake. I really hope this board will come to life again!!!

Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bearfoot View Post
    Hi! I'm back to!! I noticed my last activity on this board was in 2005 (!). Back then I lost weight and eversince I've been jo-jo'ing and trying all kinds of diets. Lately I read about KETO and thought it was an updated version of Atkins. However, the switch did not turn correctly... I kept eating fruit. Now, after a vacation I am back to Atkins. It was my lifesaver once, so it wil have to be again. I am using the app FITATU to keep track of my daily carb inake. I really hope this board will come to life again!!!
    Come and journal with me and Jill in the Main forum. We can encourage each other