Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Atkins Journey Take two

• Display

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: Atkins Journey Take two

Now I did two runs with only a day between. Seems to be fine. It is what I want to do so I will try running again tomorrow and then evaluate. I am running fasted. I used to before as well or maybe just have an egg. But I think fasted works well for the kind of running I am doing now. it feels like my ketosis intensifies when my running is over. As usual I constantly reevaluate this.
    Last edited by liv; April 1st, 2019 at 09:16 AM.

Where did everybody go? It still works. Is Jimmie still here?
    Dashly 10/23/15

Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dashly View Post
    Where did everybody go? It still works. Is Jimmie still here?
    There are some issues with the board that are not fixed so that may be one reason. I have seen Jimmie but I think she officially left. I do not think people went somewhere in particular. It was probably a slow scattering over time. How are you doing?
    Last edited by liv; April 1st, 2019 at 09:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Images

Ran again. Yeah I think as far as my body is concerned I can deal with a slow 5K every other day. I am really doing a lot of collagen now thinking it helps.

I have, however, pulled a muscle somewhere on my right side under my shoulder. So I am off any upper body exercise for now. Will do walking and some squatting lunges while waiting for that to heal.

Looking over my March I see that I slightly ate more than I did February. It is interesting. Running definitely makes me eat more. Carbs have been stable as I watch those closely. But up 10 grams in fat and 4 in protein. I do not regulate food intake just eat till I am full. Have to see what happens this month.

Minigoals
    Wear size 8 (18/10/8 ) Closer but size 10s are fitting better than size 8
    Walk without my lower thighs rubbing. (Not there yet)
    Get yoga ready doing low lunges (Still working on these)
    30 day Shred Level One (Can do it but need to get better)
    Running: 5k (0/5/5) Met this one

Blog Entries
    Images

Today it has been 6 months on diet. My husband said the other day that I was skinny. Well I am not but it has been a good half year of getting rid of all that weight I had put on. I went to the thrift store yesterday trying on small sizes which was fun. I have been monitoring progress with a couple of clothing items from my closet and I am still shrinking. Not as fast as a few months ago but it is still all going in the right direction. Thinking a bit about what is a reasonable size to be at but as it is easier to be in losing mode than maintenance mode I am keeping in losing mode for now
    Last edited by liv; April 17th, 2019 at 06:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Images

Worked on some lifting today and just thinking about how much has changed. A lot of strength exercise seems to be about compound movements and burning calories as you are working on strength. I think the theory is that working with weights fast is one of the better ways to burn calories and build musclemass at the same time. I have to find some easier way to get into it
    Tried and will continue with so far
    bicep curl that turns into an overheads press.

Blog Entries
    Images

I had a good day trying to clean closets and realize that I fit into my clothes now. My DH called me skinny and it was a good day until I discovered at the back of my closed a green jacket. I tried to put it on. It was way too small. I decided it must belong to my daughter but no it had a receipt in the pocket from 2012. It was definitely mine. I had wore it at some time. A bit of an eye opener.. 7 year ago pretty much exactly I was that "skinny" . Even though I do not weigh, I think it is 30lbs or more (or exercise and slimming) before I can fit into that jacket. Good news is that I do have a new "measure" clothing item to use to track my progress. Onwards I guess

Blog Entries
    Images

MAY!!!
    Looked at my calorie averages as tracked by fat secret. Been pretty stable between 1300 and 1400. I am pretty happy with that. It does not look like running made for a calorie increase in April (it may have in March) so that seem to have stablized itself.
    April was a good month I think. Did my thing. Fueled my body. (obsessed about the green jacket). I did one off plan day for the graduation banquet. It was a high calorie day. But I seemed to be in ketosis after about 24 hours. So it was all good. Did a few new exercises this week. Went to a yoga class!!! It was gentle yoga and mostly stretching but good for me. Then swimming. Swimming was hard and I really felt that. I will do this again next week i think. Also started the hill interval running yesterday . Only one trip but it was HARD. my quadriceps are not happy today. So give it a bit rest and do it once or twice a week for now. May have a bit more events and a trip planned so I will have to see how that goes.

Blog Entries
    Images

May 9th so I have been doing Atkins for 7 months now. It has been great. I am feeling so good. The last month more inches came off so I am fitting some 6 sizes now. Starting to buttom up my green jacket from 2012. Diet has been consistent. I am still eating induction level carbs, about the same amounts and same macros. Using some intermittent fasting daily.

Minigoals
    Wear size 8 (6/8/18 ) Changing this a bit since I am beyond size 10 now.
    Walk without my lower thighs rubbing. (Not there yet)
    Get yoga ready doing low lunges (I have done two yoga classes now. They were so lovely)
    30 day Shred Level One (Can do it but need to get better. Been working on it)
    Running: 5k (0/5/5) Met this one
    HIIT.New goal to be better at hill running. I have started. Great exercise but hard for me

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910