Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Atkins Journey Take two

• Display

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: Atkins Journey Take two

July!!! Not quite 9 months yet but will be in 5 days. Since ADDB is back I will just do my update now. Missed out on June.

Atkins induction 9 months (on July 9th)
    Doing IF regularly
    Exercising for mood and muscles. Have mixed in some swimming and biking lately

I have stepped on the scale and it is showing around 127 lbs (or 57.6 kg) Which means I have lost plenty. But I am still leading with the diet ignoring the scale. Started using a measuring tape in addition to clothing to measure trends.

measurements
    arm 10.5
    neck 12
    upper chest 33
    bust 36.6
    low chest 31
    waist 30
    stomach 35
    low stomach 37
    hips 35
    thigh 20
    calf 15

Minigoals
    Wear size 6 (6/8/18 ) Changing this a bit since I am 8 now close to a good 6
    Walk without my lower thighs rubbing. (I got this one. It is a big one for me)
    Get yoga ready doing low lunges I am ready but did not sign up for a class yet. May look into it in September
    30 day Shred Level One I can do level one fine. Time to start two
    Running: 5k (0/5/5) Met this one
    HIIT.New goal to be better at hill running. I have started. Need more work
    Last edited by liv; July 4th, 2019 at 10:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Images

It has been 10 months and some for the diet. I am still on the journey. Not so sure what the destination is?

Have been thinking about maintenance and what that should look like for me. Looking on boards and seeing what low carbers are doing once they hit goal.

"Extremes"

• Continuing keto diet eating very low carb
    • Switching to a standard diet

I think either of these works for some people. I am not going to a standard diet. I know myself better than that.
    Staying keto is tempting. Some keto experts say that once you lose your fat you may have to increase dietary fats to compensate. I find that interesting

Using Fasting

• Mostly low carb and fast to correct weight gain
    • Do off plan days followed by extended fasting to correct weight gain
    • IF to keep food amounts lower

All of these are attractive to me. The question is if will power will erode the more one "cheats". I am not sure

Follow OWL (Atkins steps towards maintenance)

• New Atkins

I read some Atkins again. I am drawn to the idea of finding out what your limits are. It is hard but sorting foods into "cannot have, can have rarely, can have more often" makes sense to me. This is where I am going to start I think. Play around with some carbs and numbers and see what happens.

Blog Entries
    Images

This was a surprise. Board been down for so long. I made goal and kept going a bit. Still Atkins

Blog Entries
    Images

Today is a ketoversary or atkins anniversary for me.

i have been on the diet for 14 months.
    I reached goal (around 121 lbs) some months ago and weigh in about 114 now. I have maintained since September. So not really that long... LOL. It has been great to get thin again and active. Not sure that I figured out maintenance. I am in premaintance per DANDR experimenting a bit and taking my time. The main difference between my first journey and this one is that my carbs have been very low. I have tried to be in ketosis most of the time. Not sure if that will be the maintenance WOE for me. But that is where I am right now.

Blog Entries
    Images

Read through the thread... it was a nice journey... more successful than the first time I did it. Had the benefit of having done it before and some of the new keto knowledge also helped me improve. In the end I am at the same place ... maintenance or premaintenance... not an easy place to be. The first three months I tried to figure out what my calorie limit was ... I am thinking it is around 2100 if I low carb (but not keto) . Now I figure out if I can cycle high carb days and low ones... slowly working on that... I need to be able to go back to keto with ease. Sometimes that motivation is hard. But I took myself back to very low carb this week and I am enjoying how good I feel with the ketosis kicking in. Need to read that part in DANDR about not overusing this though. I forgot what dr. Atkins said about it.

Blog Entries
    Images

So I looked though DANDR again yesterday and in the maintenance chapter Atkins talk about using induction to stop a weightgain if that happens. He did not think that is was good to use induction as a tool to allow yourself to eat high carb in short periods both for physical (metabolism slowing) and psychological reasons. In the last instance one may just get lazy in his opinion. Those are probably both good caveats. I am not planning jo jo ing but maybe feasting/famine a few times a month. I will have to see and think it over. Sticking to low carb but not ketosis is probably best but also hard as creeps do happen.

Hi Liv, congratulations on reaching goal. You are doing an amazing job, really thinking things through and working the plan. It’s been fun reading your commentary. Keep it up!
    6WEC x25

Blog Entries
    Images

Thanks Grant. Nice to know someone else is looking in

Blog Entries
    Images

I am starting the new year at 113.6 lbs. Good weight for me. Will be a bit strict the next few days just to re center after December shenanigans. But I did not gain weight. Did my first extended fast on the 30th and went 40 hours without food. It was not hard but I did not care for how difficult it is to control one self once you start eating again. The more level controlled eating is better for me I think.

Onward for a new Atkins Year!!!!

Blog Entries
    Images

Hallo old friend ADBB. Still doing my Atkins. Sort of owl now a few more carbs on average. Maintaining well. Scale was a new low today of 109.8. I am very happy where I am at. Loving the food choices. I exercise pretty much every day. Mostly just moving. Loving yoga, walks and my slow runs. A bit of weights and some swimming once in awhile

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast