Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: Atkins Journey Take two

• Display

Default Re: Atkins Journey Take two

Hi liv,

I have been back on since the end of October and am down 20 pounds. I still have a ways to go to get back to my lowest weight but am solid in the WOE. I am lifting again and hope to rev up the cardio next. Water is around 100 ounces a day so am feeling better than I have in a long time. I find I cannot eat the number of calories I used to and still lose, and it does come off slowly, but it's coming off, so no complaints. Thanks for keeping the fire burning.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Back again. I was searching around on keto boards and got fed up with all the newbies who don't even bother to minimally educate themselves before starting. Am down today. Not yet down to my lowest number from last week but the scale is trending down; Seems to be my new pattern, Down-Up 1-2 then slowly inches down to a new low. Repeat. I can live with that. Officially down 20 from the end of October. Not bad for an old broad.
    Jill
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Blog Entries
    Images

Hey you!!! So nice! Happy to hear that you are at it again. I am so happy I started my journey. I love to be thinner and in better shape. Yeah boards are tricky. We ran a tight ship here. It is not the style of things any more. I hang around on Fat Secret some. It is not keto but it is nice to engage a bit with people also struggling with weight.
    Plan on getting in some running and yoga today. Those are my go to things these days.
    I have become a daily weigher. It was a decision I took once I hit goal. A way for me to try to control keeping my weight off. Scale said 111.2 today. It is a good number for me. It can fluctuate 5lbs in a week I find. Hope you have a great day Jill

Thanks liv, good to be back and in a good groove. 1427 calories today and the carbs were right around 31 and almost all from veggies. I am still sticking really clean and unprocessed as much as possible. I originally started weighing daily on Georgina's advice. I was having a roller coaster of mental ups and downs because the scale didnt reflect my efforts. The one thing daily weigh ins taught me was that my body does what it wants to and had a very precise losing pattern. I would lose one week a month and then see saw up the rest of the month.Then in the magic week, it would fall to a new low. Figuring that out made the scale fluctuations way more tolerable. Noe that I am post menopausal the pattern has changed but there is still a pattern. Loss. 2 pound gain then slowly inch back down to a new low over three or four days. If I eat something that the body doesnt like it will see saw back up an extra day or so before dropping. So weird, but I know whats happening at least! Tries Arctic Char tonight- kind of a cross of trout and salmon. Trying to broaden my food horizons.
    Jill

Hey before I forget---- I am away for a full week starting next Tuesday but I plan to be back as soon as I come home. I do not plan to disappear again!
    Jill

Good day--- they are nice and boring. The way I like it. Bfast - 2 eggs and 2 slices uncured bacon, black coffee Lunch - salad with tomato, cucumber, 1 oz goat cheese, 3 oz tuna and lemon and olive oil dressing Dinner - 2/3 c mashed cauli, green beans and lean ground beef. Total cals about 1520 and net carbs 17.1

Hips still sore from PT on Monday but had another hour again today. They make it a good lower body workout.
    Jill

Blog Entries
    Images

Yeah calm and stable days are good for me as well. But right now I am playing around a bit with eating over my ketosis line and then going back again. It is a way for myself to make it interesting I think. It also brings in some food variation and recipe searching which I like. I have been trying to find out what makes my weight change but overall it has been relatively stable the last couple of months. This board goes down a lot. It is hardy up. I get happy when I see it but if you find another plae to hang out or you want to join the chaos over at FS let me know. I post here when I find the board accessible. Because this is HOME

Thanks liv, good to know. SInce I still have a fair amount to re-lose after the disasters of the past couple years I will tuck that info on playing with the CCL for later I will check out the other board. I must be getting lucky as I havent found it down that often but 2 of us can't keep it going forever, LOL

Another good day. I have food planned out til I head to Costa Rica but the trip is giving me a little anxiety since I know rice and beans are the staples there. I'll figure it out and do my best to stay clean! Did a solid workout today. My body busts into a sweat as soon as I pick up the weights these days. It is a good sign that it is seeing exercise as a normal regular thing.

Ate a big bowl of homemade beef vegetable soup today for lunch. Had an art reception tonight and had no idea what I would get for dinner. We found a bar in grill in the town and I was able to get a turkey club salad. Ended up with 1220 calories for the day but the macros were good so A decent day and I stayed clean.
    Last edited by chinadoll; February 20th, 2020 at 07:48 PM.
    Jill

liv, I went over to Fat Secret but not sure I got to the right pages -- seems pretty dead over there too. A lot of posts 6 months old or more. Where do you go for company there? Jill
    Jill

Blog Entries
    Images

Their forum is dead. They left it there but virtually no one is using it. Most people who use FS use the app and they do not see the forum. IEveryone writes in their own personal journals and you make friends and read journals and chat with people in theirs.. A lot of people post food pictures. A little bit like facebook but it is more about diet. I am liv001 there if you want to see mine. I write something a couple times a week. And I log all my food and exercise with FS. I only know of one person there who I know was ADBB at one time. do not know where ADBB people went. I have seen another on the ketogenic forum. Do not know if that was one you came across. I do post there once in awhile- I like that they are science minded but no one there do the same keto.

Hope Costa Rica is fine. I think they may also like their proteins... but I have not been there. Heard it is beautiful

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast