Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: Atkins Journey Take two

• Display

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: Atkins Journey Take two

Weights today! I am writing it down so I will actually do them!!! LOL. I do not mind lifting. It is just harder to motivate myself for than yoga or running or walking. I have been getting stronger. I realized I could lift myself off the floor when crosslegged just pushing down my arms the other day. That was a first.

Blog Entries
    Images

Update. I did a few weight things then I went for a long walk LOL. Sunny out I had to go.

Today I had yogurth (labneh actually) and some oats and chia seeds and nuts for breakfast
    I made a tofu veggie stir fry for supper
    And made some keto crackers that I ate with more labneh and berries.
    Also had some dark chocolate and almond milk and sugar free jello
    About 1900 cals and 45 carbs. It has been where I have been sitting the last couple of weeks.
    Weight has been stable at 111.2 for a bit

Blog Entries
    Images

Scale gave me 112.2 yesterday and I cut back carbs and narrowed eating window to see 110.8 today. And it is nice feeling that ketosis fullness this morning. I like being under 112 but maybe that is just too obsessive. I will be thinking about this over the next few weeks

Jogging and yoga yesterday so supposed to be lifting day again. I may fire up some Jillian video. She can get me going on squats and lunges and burpees. Think I will make those crackers again. They were good
    Last edited by liv; February 25th, 2020 at 09:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Images

had a busy day and ate tuna out of can and had a shake and an atkins bar and really not enough food and weight down to 109.4, Felt fine with energy today and went swimming. I try to swim once a week but that does not always happen. We are heading for really nice weather (for here) so I will be outdoors as much as possible the next few days.

I was thinking about bone health today and wondered if I should buy some vitamin k2 supplement. I already do Calcium and vitamin D.

Blog Entries
    Images

Ok I am around. All this covid stuff makes it harder to just write about diet but I am keeping my keto going just fine. Hit a new low of 108.2 today but did not really want to stay this low so will try to get it up a bit. I was doing Omad to get control over a bit of an overeating slide happening last week.

Not changed that much. All gym things closed so exercise is less but trying to walk and run. Even got some stretching in today. Need to set some goals for myself. More tomorrow. I came here to find a tomato soup recipe which I thin is somewhere.

Blog Entries
    Images

Did not find the recipe... Well found it but it was just a link and the page was gone. But I think I have found a copycat recipe on line somewhere. So I will try it tomorrow

2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/2 cup finely diced onion
    2 cups chicken stock
    1 28-ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes, with juices

Pinch dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder, to taste

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)

3/4 cup heavy cream
    Optional Garnishes: shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, smoked paprika

Sounds great even if it isnt the original. Yeah, having a daily goal is definitely helping me. I do not always follow the plan---am listening to my knees as well as my bruised rib (tho thats almost all healed now) but I never slack off completely I find a way to make something happen daily. The weather here has been really windy and cold -- makes walking a challenge. I am pretty sure I looked drunk walking yesterday because the wind was knocking me off my feet with nearly every step!
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Blog Entries
    Images

OK not the best week. The covid-19 stress is getting to me. I have trouble stopping eating these days. So much comfort from just feeling full. So maybe I have had one good day this week and the rest not great. Weight was 110.8 this morning which is fine but it is losing control that frightens me not the number itself. Will try to do better today. It is a run day and they seem to be the better ones. Starting out with some nice coffee...

I have tried to think about how to jump away from the urge to binge but nothing too successful yet.... I have eliminated a lot of food items ... I drink a lot of water.... I am working on just not being too hard on myself as well. These are tough times. It is OK not to be OK

totally agree and I live in fear of the loss of control. It was when the emotional aspects of my world spiraled out of control five years ago that I started the long downwad slip that has landed me in this situation again. I think thats why I am pushing so hard not to let the stress get to me. Although I am tooth grinding again -- something I havent done in years. I find that sewing masks for the hospital is a positive action that gives me some purpose. There are other things too -- delivering groceries to the elderly -- I don't make a special trip but I will pick up a few things when I go for my own shopping. I also painted some rocks with positive messages and thank yous to place outside the hospital entrances for the staff. It is little things to feel like you are helping and it is working on some level.

The other thing is that this will end---where do I want to be when the world opens back up in 4-5 weeks? I think seeing it as a temporary thing rather than the new normal helps me stay motivated.

The other thing I do is try to do just a little more physically each week. Rather than having it go the other way. I also tried out a few new safe recipes and looked thru my files for safe recipes that I just havent made in awhile. But getting your head in the right space is a huge challenge whan the world is in a tailspin. Sending a hug!
    Jill
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Just checking in to say "Hi" and hope you are doing fine
    Jill

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast