Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Atkins Journey Take two

• Display

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: Atkins Journey Take two

So yesterday i was thinking that if there is such a thing as fat adapted why did nobody here with the over 10 years of people recording their experiences note it.
    Then I remembered whoosh. So after induction there will likely be a PISS (short stall) followed after a while by a WHOOSH. A sudden loss.
    Soo it is possible that what we called Whoosh is really when the body gets fat adapted and starts to effectively use body fat and we can record a loss. I wonder......

makes sense to me, liv. Happy to see your post. I have been gone a long time. Fighting other battles. Popped back in -in hopes the board was still active. In need of refocusing attention on the health aspects of my own life again.
    Jill

Back in ONEderland as of 7/27/2020!

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.
    Current: 253.6/191.8/169 or a size 10 is the GOAL

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Blog Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by chinadoll View Post
    makes sense to me, liv. Happy to see your post. I have been gone a long time. Fighting other battles. Popped back in -in hopes the board was still active. In need of refocusing attention on the health aspects of my own life again.
    Hi Jill. Someone is out there. Yeah!!! Good to hear from you.
    I think it is mainly just me here and all these nice memories. I am drawing strength from all this ADBB wisdom. But we can push each other.

Day 23: TMAD (two meals a day) yesterday. I found myself getting full easier. The three egg lunch was really filling. I am hoping this means my body is drawing on fat stored. But who knows

Not using a scale still but found a pair of pants. A very snug fitting stretch 14 that I will use to measure progress and button up shirt sizeXL. Probably something to do with age but a lot of my excess fat is stored around the mid section now.
    Last edited by liv; October 31st, 2018 at 07:59 AM.

I like using clothes as a gauge more than the scale. There were times when the scale went up or didn't move but the inches came off. I have picked out a pair of overly snug jeans and am using those as my physical measure for now. I am honestly not hyped about recording inches and things. The clothing tells the story well enough and I have two more pair in sequentially smaller sizes that I can graduate to as I make progress. I agree with you--having some company will provide a sounding board and we still have all the information, motivation and past wisdom here at our fingertips so I will be checking in daily!
    Jill

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Blog Entries
    Images

Yesterday was day 23. I was hungry. May have been because I upped my exercise a bit or who knows. I ate a bit more. Had my eggs, bacon and cheese, with a little bit of veggies for breakfast and then a meat patty, herb butter and greek salad later. Snacked on some cream cheese. Feeling good this morning.
    Took my before pics yesterday in my measuring clothes so I have another tracker.

My store has a sale on meatbars this week. Huh.
    https://meatbar.com/
    As expensive as quest bars however so I do not know. May buy one if I need to back one for emergency snack for something.

Blog Entries
    Images

I had bone broth made from n turkey carcass and boiled up a chicken to go with it. It was my food this day. I had some broth with egg in it and some soup with chicken and veggies (cabbage, celery, onions, a few matchsticks carrots). Also a bit of tuna salad and Atkins coleslaw at some point. I felt very full yesterday. Some days are very hungry even if I eat and eat and others I barely get hungry. Seems no rhyme or reason here. But it is what it is
    I do make a lot of soups on Atkins.
    I think I want to experiment with a beef broth soup next
    Also started to exercise a bit. Although exercise is perhaps too generous a word. More like moving around I think.
    Last edited by liv; November 2nd, 2018 at 09:20 AM.

I have the hungry days too, more so in the beginning. The soups are warm and filling so I love the winter months for that. I am starting the very beginnings of weight training this week and also walking. I have a checkup in 2 weeks and if the doc says OK I plan to restart C25K. I always take longer than the program design to get to the end, but I am not in any hurry. I've learned that when I jump in with both feet, I burn out. I am trying to rev things up slowly in hopes I can stick with it until I am in a nice comfortable stable pattern.

If you need a coleslaw break, I make a summer slaw using organic apple cider vinegar, sweetener, and blood orange olive oil -- it is fruity and light as a change of pace from the usual recipes. I add celery seed, salt and pepper, and for holidays I toss in dried cranberries for the rest of the guests. Its nice and light. A good add in to fish tacos pork dishes and other things too. I've had to give up the low carb tortillas but for those that can, it's a nice sandwich alternative.
    Jill

Blog Entries
    Images

I loved C25K and I really want to do it again. I am worrying a little bit about joints now. I know running can be hard on a body and I hesitate. But that is so encouraging to hear that you are thinking of starting it. I should as well Maybe I will shuffle a bit in the beginning/ I am not ready yet. Too out of shape. Have been working on my conditioning a bit by power walking in short spurts. Should not be too hard to get a little better.

Blood orange olive oil. I have to look for that. Salads is a big part of my eating now so looking for new ways to deal with them is part of the fun. I like the Atkins slaw quite a bit. I use mayo, sourcream, applesider vinegar, celery seeds and some sweetener.

Yesterday was a total left over day. So I had chicken and soup and broth, the slaw and some extra chicken breast with my compound butter. I enjoyed not having to prepare anything. Making fish today. A variation of a Norwegian recipe I love where the cod ends up in a onion flavoured cream sauce. Have to think of a side. Fridge is full of veggies so it should not be a problem

Been really mindful of creating habits that I know I can stick with if the weight comes off and the intense diet focus starts to slip a bit. One of these things is skipping breakfast. I am not a breakfast person. I am a nighteater. So this time around I am trying to create habits around that kind of eating. So I break my fast now most days around lunch, and then I can have something to eat very late if I like. I know this is not what people (Dr. Atkins included) tell you to do but this is where I will tend to go when or if I stop dieting . I want to create good patterns for that night eating tendency rather than deny that it is there. We will see. Maybe I will mix it up a bit

Bulletproof coffees (or something like that) are very popular right now. I don't do them. Just my normal black coffee in the morning.
    Last edited by liv; November 3rd, 2018 at 09:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Images

Introduced a new thing again. Avocado shake. (avocado, ice, protein, powder, almond milk, cream, acid like a bit of lemon) I like sweet applications of avocado and shakes was something I used to do a lot when I ran. It is an easy grab and go food. It has a whey that is sweetened a bit in it but no additional sweetener. I did not react to it in any way so I think it will be fine to bring it back.
    Tuna Salad with some celery and green onions
    Cod in cream sauce and red peppers.
    5grams of Lindt chocolate 90%
    About 20 carbs (half from veggies) and lots of fats
    Too much cream but I do not think that dairy is a problem for me.

Good day as I got all my walking in and exercises with light weighs and stretching.

Have been reading a bit about fasting lately since that is quite trendy it seems. Hope to read a book by Jason Fung and see what he says. I have listened to some YouTube interviews with him.
    Also read about metabolic damage from dieting yesterday. Maybe not quite scientific as the samples studies were small but some researches did put forward the hypothesis that starving over a long term can cause damage to your metabolism as your body gets used to try to make due with very low calories (like say 500), Apparently similar things do not happen if you are in ketosis and draw from fat reserves or fast where you do the same thing

Blog Entries
    Images

Feeling good. Don't think I am losing any weight though. But not gaining is also OK

Had some cod left overs for lunch and ate a lot of deepfried pork (with porkrind "breading") since family wanted schnitzler. Salty but good. Had Greek salad. So lots of veggies for this day. 1624 cals. Probably should not eat much more on that on average.
    Exercized a lot with a long walk (7K) and then walked with Leslie on YouTube a bit in the evening and did light weights and stretches in between the walk, walk, walk, walk. Feels like my stamina is improving. I am breathing less heavy for her her One Mile Fun Walk.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast