Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Atkins Journey Take two

• Display

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: Atkins Journey Take two

Shoot as I am sitting here looking at my PC I realize I am going to need a pillow for my chair again. The nice natural padding had been reduced (Sent to Atkins complaint department)

Blog Entries
    Images

March 9: Means five months on Atkins diet for me.
    I am pretty pleased with how it is going. I have reached a size where I have been most of my life. Still chubby but I was never thin. I am able to do the things I like to do again.. bend over etc... Lol but also my run/walks and yoga and hiking. Been getting into low carb life style. Keeping up with some things on twitter, facebook and blogs. Learning new things and old things again. I will still keep going obviously. It is just too much fun.

Minigoal update.
    Wear size 12: Met: My new goal is wear size 8: I can get size 8 things on but need to lose some inches for them to look better so that is my current goals
    Walk without my lower thighs rubbing. (this will take some fat loss) and not there yet. But I can tell I am getting closer. It is going to mean that I am getting close to a good fat percentage when I get there
    run 2k : My long cold set me back but I am back to run walking and will work towards this one again
    pushup Getting close to 10 now
    Lifting lower back off floor when laying on back with legs straight up: I can do this a bit now. It is a nice exercise. I am keeping at it and other core exercises.
    Getting yoga ready doing low lunges: I am working on them. Still not steady
    New Spring Goal: Being able to do Jillian's shred level one perfectly

Blog Entries
    Images

I am still eating very low carb but the choices have moved up to rung 5 (alcohol). I have had black soybeans a few times. They have a lot of fiber so the carb count is low and are good in chili. And a few pieces of carrots here and there. My daily carb number is lower than 25 a day. My losing carb number is around there so that is what I am sticking with.

I have done two off days one in December and the last one on the 28th of February. Social events. Those have not really effected me I think. I do not use the scale so I cannot tell in pounds but I still fit the same clothes and metally I went back after the meal with out an issue.

I think I need to work on drinking more water. Getting a bit to low.

Minigoals
    Wear size 8 (18/10/8 )
    Walk without my lower thighs rubbing.
    Get yoga ready doing low lunges
    30 day Shred Level One
    Running: 2k (0/0.3/2)

Blog Entries
    Images

OK update. Managed to run my 2 K yesterday. So my next goal is 3 K. Running is funny. Slugging along but one day suddenly you are more capable. Otherwise good. Had a bit of craving thing going on this weekend. Bought cookies for my DH and then I could not get cookies off by brain. So I made whipped cream, sugar free jello and some of those simple pb Keto cookies. Think I beat it but more sweeteners than usual these last two days.

Minigoals
    Wear size 8 (18/10/8 )
    30 day Shred Level One
    Running: 3k (0/2/3)

Blog Entries
    Images

I went running today and ran almost 5K non stop. So I blew that mini goal out of the water very fast. I think I will just keep at this level for a bit. I was very nice to accomplish that. And I had to MacGyver my running pants with extra elastics to keep them up. Using collagen supplement (powder) to trying to keep knees and ankles strong. Maybe it will have an impact.
    Yesterday I got my weightbench out and started to see if I could work on more lifting and not just bicep curls and tricep extensions. Lots to still remember how to do but I am at it.

Also taken my favourite stretching book down from the book shelf (Bob Anderson: Stretching) I really like stretching. May be time to check out a yoga class time at the rec place

Struggling with Jillian and Shred. Did begin level two - which I now remember I always found easier then level one. But still need to work that level one a bunch more times to really feel I can do it. Those lunges just are too much for me still

Minigoals
    Wear size 8 (18/10/8 )
    30 day Shred Level One
    Running: 5k (0/4.7/5)
    Last edited by liv; March 20th, 2019 at 09:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Images

I took an exercise break yesterday apart from walking. Still feel that running in my bones. So no run today but I will try Jillian. I am going to be very mindful about not going out too hard with runs even if i can make that 5K now. Planning for flax today since I have been taking some iron and may need some extra fiber. Tuesdays are busier so less time for foods probably make up for that a bit today. All good!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789