Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: When you fall...get up again

• Display

Default When you fall...get up again

This is not take two for me...more like take 12, but I know this works when I am working it so I am getting back on the horse again after a long hiatus from the board. I was playing with this--trying but not really committed-- and had a few things happen recently that are snapping me to attention that I need to be dealing with this in a serious committed effort. I know I need the accountability. So even if it is just liv and me rambling around in this vast ghost town, I plan to get my butt here to keep posting and working on this. (Hi liv)

So I will start by posting my daily food. I need to go the extra mile and do the candida route so my choices are very austere looking. Jill
    Jill

Back in ONEderland as of 7/27/2020!

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.
    Current: 253.6/195.2/169 or a size 8 is the GOAL

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: When you fall...get up again

I was thinking about what to call this round of my dieting and I decided that it is not round 5 or whatever. It is all just me on one journey. I have reached this stage and it is all a combination of all my other stages
    Good luck Jill. Are you posting your eating here. I will do the same in the other tread. I am still doing induction level carbs

Hi liv, yes I will post right in this thread. Since there are so few of us it doesnt make sense to post all over the place.

I am just restarting myself and expect to be on the candida diet for some time. So it will look alot like extended induction. The plus of having done this before is that I know my tolerances/intolerances for a number of things and I won't have to work so hard to figure it all out. I already feel better (I know it is probably just a mental shift) even after Day One.

Oct 30
    Breakfast
    2 eggs
    2 strips bacon
    black coffee

Lunch
    1 cup home made chicken soup with celery onion and green beans

Snack
    2 slices deli ham and 2 slices cheese

Dinner
    1 beef short rib
    1 cup of the chicken soup
    salad with oil and vinegar

water intake 80 ounces (that was a huge step forward as I have been ignoring water intake recently)

Total net carbs was 15 gr. I had very little fiber and need to correct that but just returned from a vacation and have not yet gone for a big grocery run. I never weigh at the beginning but plan to do so tomorrow then not weigh again for at least a month.
    Jill

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

October 31

Breakfast
    2 eggs
    2 strips bacon
    2 ounces swiss cheese
    black coffee

Lunch
    1.5 cups chicken veg soup

Dinner
    6 ounce beef patty
    1 cup green beans, steamed
    1 pat butter
    1 c lettuce
    5 grape tomatoes
    oil and vinegar dressing

my net carbs were slightly over 20 (22.3) but i am not worried about it since I am eating unprocessed and it is coming from fresh veg for the most part. Will try to get it down under tomorrow. Already feeling cleaner and less bloated.

water 64 oz (will edit when day is over)
    Last edited by chinadoll; October 31st, 2018 at 04:43 PM.
    Jill

weighed this morning 242.3 about what I expected.
    Jill

Nov 1. Carbs still slightly above where they should be but I am trying not to get too hung up on it since I an eating clean and sticking to the limits on dairy, sweeteners, etc. Calories are a little low today, only 1330, but I may find a snack later.

Breakfast
    2 eggs, scrambled
    2 strips bacon no sugar added
    coffee, black

Lunch
    1.5 cups of homemade chicken soup with onion green beans and celery

Dinner
    2 links sweet Italian Sausage
    1/2 cup peppers and onions sauteed in oil, over
    pureed cauliflower

70 oz water
    Jill

Morning check-in -- My weight was up a pound and a half (and this is why I am putting it away for the month). So far the Induction flu hasnt hit but I expect when the candida start to die off it will hit me. Feeling good, but hungry. So far, so good. Today I will start a wee bit of weight training. Comfy jeans already feeling a little looser so the initial bloat loss has kicked in.
    Jill

11/2/18
    Breakfast
    Hungry today so a big breakfast
    3 eggs
    2.5 strips bacon
    coffee, black

Lunch
    Butter lettuce, 2 cups
    grape tomatoes
    2 oz American cheese
    2 oz ham
    Blue Cheese Dressing

Dinner
    Sirloin, 7 oz
    Cauliflower puree, 1/2 cup with butter

Snack
    Red Sweet pepper with homemade Guacamole

Water 70 oz
    Net carbs bang on 20 grams
    Cals about 1900 so a good solid day. The calories could be lower but more concerned with the carbs in early Induction

Exercise: 3 sets chest press @ #10
    3 sets Bentover Row @ #10 so it begins
    Jill

Blog Entries
    Images

I noticed this time that calories were quite high when I began. Over 2000. But yeah I did not worry about it. I know that once ketosis starts appetite will go down a bit and it did

How heavy are your weights or do you do your exercises in a gym?

I have the easy change Bowflex at home. I prefer gym weights because I think they force you to work harder by the way they are balanced, but these are fine for the first 6 months or so. I am starting with just ten pounds for chest and back. I want to be slightly sore and wake them up.I used to be able to do dumbbell presses with 55 pounds but I doubt I will get back that high as I age. I was up to forty-five pound dumbbells five years ago and if I can get to that level again I would be happy to hold there. As I add other exercises to the routine, I will be doing the same pattern to introduce. Usually I spend about a week at a weight before going up 2.5 pounds. That was the best thing about the Bowflex--- a five pound jump is a lot for me, but 2.5 is manageable. I hope to be back up around 40 pounds by March. Being here is hopefully going to keep me accountable to my plan. Today I hope to do some walking and shoulder and bicep tricep. Tomorrow will be a leg workout of some sort. STarting with baby steps.

I will say, of all the things I was doing, weight training changed my body the most, but pilates helped my fitness the most, probably because everything was aligned and awake in all my other activities as a result. Thats something else I want to add back in on my off-days from weights (eventually).
    Jill

Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast