Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: When you fall...get up again

• Display

Default Re: When you fall...get up again

Dipped to 212.4 yesterday but popped up to 213.6 today. Normal jump. Almost at the end of my week off of weights. Been getting my steps in so not a total sloth. Switched a lagre guest bedroom into my small studio space yesterday and turned the bedroom into my art studio/ sewing room. Not perfect but way more room to move. Needing a good purge though. That's on this weekends "to do" list then I need to start photographing and selling my work off at bargain prices since I am drowning in canvases here.
    Jill

Back in ONEderland as of 7/27/2020!

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.
    Current: 253.6/191.8/169 or a size 10 is the GOAL

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

212.6 today. So today is the day Istart back with weight work. All the posts online said "A week off made me look forward to weights again. I felt strong and rested going into my workout after the break" yada yada yada." Wasnt that way for me. I sort of dreaded going back to the weight grind today, and while I did not lose performance-wise (the last few of some of the sets were really tough or impossible but I did pretty well) I was not enthusiastic about my restart, nor did I feel particularly strong. I did finish it off and can already tell I will be sore tomorrow. Next time I take a break I think I will make it a 4 day break because that was the point in the week when I was looking forward to starting in again. For me, I think a week was too long away. And judging by how I felt looking at restarting, I am afraid I could get out of the habit quickly. Will finish off the day with a 2 mile cardio walk tonight. Tomorrow will be easier with lower body, then I do an upper body split over two days instead of all in one so I should be in better shape. Next break will be somewhere around August 7th.
    Last edited by chinadoll; June 7th, 2020 at 10:24 AM.
    Jill

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

212.8 today and I am surprised my muscles arent holding more water because I am sore all over after my break week.
    Jill

211.8 today. Still sore from Saturday's workout and my butt muscles hurt from Sunday's workout too so moving a little tenderly. I had planned to do chest & back and shoulders today but Just did c&b. Then I did a fast 2.25 miles at 4 MPH. Getting more consistent at that pace. Tomorrow is shoulder. arms and Weds will be legs then I have my ortho appointment for my knee. Dinner was a nice change tonight---1/2 a small yam, sauteed spinach with a tbsp of Greek yogurt and garlic for flavor and salmon stuffed with cream cheese and basted with liquid smoke. Mmmm.
    Last edited by chinadoll; June 8th, 2020 at 06:20 PM.
    Jill

212 today and STILL pretty sore from my weekend workout plus butt is sore from lower body workout. It is easing but no one mentioned that part of laying off for a week. Was able to pick up some super fresh grouper for dinner. Cauli rice, grouper with fresh lemon and a medley of onion, zucchini and red peppers for dinner - perfect summer evening meal! - Best part is there is enough grouper and the veggies for a lunch some time this week!
    Jill

212.4 today. Pretty typical. Am dogging it a bit today. Not walking but will do my PT exercises and core work tonight. Ortho visit tomorrow for my knees. Will be starting to venture out a bit more but darn carefully since NJ is still pretty active with COVID cases. Dinner tonight was a "safe" Korean beef bulgogi with onion and peppers over cauliflower rice. Nice change of pace. It is the ultimate mix of tastes for Asia - sweet sour salty and spicy. I had beef stew meat in the freezer and it is summer - over soups and stew for awhile - so this seemed like a good alternative. Just braised the beef a long time before adding the veggies so it wasnt tough.
    Jill

I jumped up to 213.8 yesterday but I had soy (low sodium but still) the night before and I was holding the water. Today back to 12.2. Didn't do any exercise yesterday and only made about 5K in steps but it had a positive effect on my upper body workout today. Had a strong workout. Upped 2 weights and am ready to up a couple more soon. I also added in some extra shoulder and tricep work to my standard workout. Put in a full hour.
    Jill

Doctor wants me to wean off the anti-inflammatory he put me on. I haven't taken it for 2 days and my walk today was a little painful, but I finished. Icing it tonight. Don't want this to stop me. Did have a friend say she can get me in to the Ortho surgeon I really want to do any knee replacement when the time comes. It may be by year's end. We'll see.
    Jill

210.2 today, another drop. Very happy with this. Lower body really sore from yesterday. I biked 4 miles to try and save my knees because I am weaning off the anti-inflammatory. As a result the left knee has been burning without the Meloxicam. Didn't feel like the ride did much but when I went to do my lower body workout last night I knew I'd be sore. I wasnt tired, but I was tight and hurting a bit doing some of my usual exercises. I also added a few new ones to the mix to balance the workout better. Shifted to full planks (had been doing knee planks) since I won't be able to kneel after knee replacement. May as well get used to it now. Trying not to cross my legs either as that also seems to be a thing with TKR. Sucks to get old.
    Jill

Woke up to another drop. These two days count as a whoosh. I hit 208.8 today. Officially within 10 pounds of Onederland. Dang I am looking forward to that goal!
    Jill

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast