Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: When you fall...get up again

• Display

Default Re: When you fall...get up again

209.4 today

Body dragging yesterday, wondering if it is because I stopped taking the Mobic for my knee. It is definitely hurting more without it
    Jill

Back in ONEderland as of 7/27/2020!

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.
    Current: 253.6/193.0/169 or a size 10 is the GOAL

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Blog Entries
    Images

You are getting close to wonderland. Way to go. Hope that knee can get better.

Thanks, liv. I have an appointment with the surgeon that I will want to do it if needed. Want to see what he has to say as I don't really trust the guy I have been seeing. I am still walking but it's a slower pace without the anti inflammatory and gets sore quicker. And I credit the walking with the nice steady losses I have been having.
    Jill

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Images

Hi Jill, nice to see you here! And well done on the great progress and keeping records in spite of a ghost town.

I see Liv is here also. Hopefully a few more?
    Clean Page - The Plan
    30 days induction
    weigh daily
    drink 5 bottles of water daily
    keep to 20g net carbs
    no peanuts, no strepsils and no coconut
    Work out but dont over do it

Margie!!!

206.2 this morning. What a week!

Hi Marge, Char stopped in a while back but it is pretty much me and liv, but you never know... with keto going strong folks may tiptoe back in. Part of the reason I want them to see a presence somewhere here. Still the best board I have ever a part of.
    Jill

Images

the pounds re peeling of very fast Jill, well done.

I guess its you, Liv and I now. I thought keto was making way for Intermittent fasting. Speaking of which, I wonder if IF can be combined with Atkins. Results of fasting seem to be really good.

Good thing is we have a lot of resources to rely on
    Clean Page - The Plan
    30 days induction
    weigh daily
    keep to 20g net carbs

Margie!!!

Hi Marge, Lately I have had some nice whooshes but overall the longterm average is slightly over a pound a week and that is just fine with me. I have had to watch calories this time around too, and severely limit cheese. No processed stuff and rare use of sweeteners but I am fine with that as long as the pounds keep melting! I tried IF on a day to day basis but found it hard for me. My son is doing Atkins with a 22:2 IF schedule (he just eats dinner) and it is working for him but I worry about his metabolism slowing down. One thing that I NEVER thought I would be able to do is once a month I do a 24 hour fast and also once a month I do a 36 hour fast (stop after dinner on a Mon and don't eat until Weds breakfast). As long as I have water black coffee iced tea and some electrolytes like Gatorade Zero (this is one of the few processed foods I will eat and only on fast days) the hunger hasn't been a huge issue and it does seem to jump start losses for several days thereafter (like last week. The long fast also induces autophagy breaking down old cells, getting rid of the junk and reusing the amino acids. It is good for the body to clean house with autophagy so it has more benefits than just weight loss. I pick the fast day based on a day when I am doing a full rest -- no cardio and no weights. Same with the 24 hour fast --- I choose a day when I will not be lifting, the cardio is not as big an issue.
    Jill

No bump up today. Nice surprise since I had fauxtato salad last night. Sometimes the mayo messes with me. Skipped breakfast since I was up early to drive north to baby sit. Got in my arm workout during his nap and had my step goal finished by lunch. Watching a busy toddler is no joke. When he went down for a nap at one I did my weight work. I had already reached my step goal for the day! I went and laid down on the couch for a minute and wound up having a 30 minute nap and I NEVER nap. Who would believe a little thing 24 pounds could wear you out like that? Off to bed now. Calories really low today partly because I skipped breakfast and the dinner was low cal and low carb. I am on the edge of hunger but ex[ect I am tired enough that I will be asleep soon but I will be wanting those eggs and bacon in the morning for sure! No scale the next three days so Friday morning's weight will be quite the surprise.
    Last edited by chinadoll; June 23rd, 2020 at 08:03 PM.
    Jill

Images

Quote Originally Posted by chinadoll View Post
    Hi Marge, Lately I have had some nice whooshes but overall the longterm average is slightly over a pound a week and that is just fine with me. I have had to watch calories this time around too, and severely limit cheese. No processed stuff and rare use of sweeteners but I am fine with that as long as the pounds keep melting! I tried IF on a day to day basis but found it hard for me. My son is doing Atkins with a 22:2 IF schedule (he just eats dinner) and it is working for him but I worry about his metabolism slowing down. One thing that I NEVER thought I would be able to do is once a month I do a 24 hour fast and also once a month I do a 36 hour fast (stop after dinner on a Mon and don't eat until Weds breakfast). As long as I have water black coffee iced tea and some electrolytes like Gatorade Zero (this is one of the few processed foods I will eat and only on fast days) the hunger hasn't been a huge issue and it does seem to jump start losses for several days thereafter (like last week. The long fast also induces autophagy breaking down old cells, getting rid of the junk and reusing the amino acids. It is good for the body to clean house with autophagy so it has more benefits than just weight loss. I pick the fast day based on a day when I am doing a full rest -- no cardio and no weights. Same with the 24 hour fast --- I choose a day when I will not be lifting, the cardio is not as big an issue.
    Thanks Jill for the detailed response. I just went through your journal and saw how you kept to a strict diet and keep seeing amazing results. I am starting a bit heavier than you were at the beginning at 246, I am looking forward to following through and getting those results. Yes I worry about the slowing down of the metabolism with IF and Atkins. i may adopt some of your fasting methods eventually,taking things one step at a time. Well done, proud of you and extremely motivated by your progress.
    Clean Page - The Plan
    30 days induction
    weigh daily
    keep to 20g net carbs

Margie!!!

Well I actually started back at 254 but didnt over here for quite awhile. Walking has been a game changer for me. and Keeping up on the water---when losses slow I am usually slacking on the water.
    Jill

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast