Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When you fall...get up again

• Display

Default Re: When you fall...get up again

A solid day. 17 Net carbs, almost all from vegetables. Skipped the cheese today. will have about 80 oz water in the end. Arms and shoulders for weights today.
    Jill
    I DID HAVE 100 pounds gone and WAS setting up residence in One-derland.
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Not losing on OWL? Need to focus yourself?
    Check out the Cheat Free Challenge Group
    http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.c...at-free-group/

Blog Entries
    Images

You are feeling better?

slight headache comes and goes and sinuses are still acting up. Not bad enough to stop me. Last time I started and the candida started to die off, I actually thought I had strep throat ---when I checked it no redness, no swelling, no gland enlargement--- it was all the yeast protesting as they died. Four days later I was 100%! So this is nothing.

Woke up early and walked the dog 1.5 miles (would have been two but he was being a pill) Have some fall cleaning to do today and hope to quilt a little. Then I am going to add some leg weights into the mix. I want to strengthen my knees. I know I will need surgery at some point so I want to start getting my legs back into shape. I've been ignoring the knee protocols for too long.

It is really odd but I am eating far less than last time around, likely because my exercise is minimal. Five years ago I was getting in a good 2 hours a day. The downside is, with less food going in, I am not hitting my nutrition RDAs so a vitamin is probably something I need to look at.
    Jill
    I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way.

Today was higher activity day and also a higher calorie day. Walked this morning, did fall cleaning for a couple hours this afternoon and weight work.

Calories were higher today 2000 more about choices than quantity. Net carbs 13,

Bfast
    2 slices bacon, 2 eggs, coffee

Lunch
    2 chicken thighs, salad with lettuce tomato and avocado, oil & vin

Dinner
    2 leftover short ribs and pureed cauli

Water close to 90 oz by tonight
    Jill

11/9 - Another good day. 1801 calories 15 net carbs. I didn't lift today but I did continue the fall cleaning for about three hours today. It poured all day so no walk.

Bfast
    2 slices bacon, 2 eggs, black coffee

Lunch
    2 chicken thighs, roasted, salad with 1 c lettuce and 8 grape tomatoes, oil & vinegar

No snack

Dinner
    9 oz roast beef, wilted spinach sauteed with onion, and green beans steamed

I will hit my goal of 80 oz water easily . Just trying to move ahead on automatic pilot doing what I should do. tomorrow is DHs birthday which means lasagna and home made ice cream cake. The leftover roast beef was planned so I have something I love as an alternative.
    Jill

No exercise today. I was cleaning and cooking for DHs birthday dinner with the kids. Not much to report

Bfast
    2 eggs, 2 strips bacon, coffee
    Lunch
    1 chicken thigh
    1/2 large red pepper and guac

Snack
    1 slice deli ham, 1 slice muenster, 1 slice turkey

Dinner
    roast beef, pureed cauliflower, 1 slice mozzarella/tomato/basin, and five olives

Low on water today. Working on it.
    Jill

Blog Entries
    Images

Your DH is very lucky. Good on you for giving him is favorites. Hope it all went well. I think celebrations are perhaps the hardest part of the diet since so much of people's favourites are not something we can eat. And restaurants of course. This is a difficult time. I think we are programmed to eat more in the fall.

I wonder of the coming of winter triggers a biological need to fatten up. Or maybe it is simply that the autumn brings us back some favorite flavors that whet our appetites more, LOL.

It's odd but I have notice that, for me, the celebration day is not the problem. I am focused on the cooking and serving. It is always the next day (AS IN TODAY) that is the hardest day. I really didn't feel tempted by the stuff yesterday, but today the smell of the warmed up lasagna, and the knowledge that a home made hot fudge Reeses ice cream cake is in the freezer is really teasing me. I ate a big late lunch and am headed upstairs to get busy at the sewing machine for a bit as a distraction, but I am annoyed by the fact the cravings are there. It may be that I steel myself for the day the family is there, and somehow am less mentally prepared to keep seeing the stuff later. My downfall is always the day after Thanksgiving or CHristmas -- maybe its because on the big day there are a lot of eyes around, and the day after it is just DH and me -- and if I fall it is easier to pretend it isnt happening. I dunno...just thinking out loud. I do know that I will have to pre plan and prepare for this during the holidays. Maybe have something special (shrimp cocktail or a crab dish) saved for the next day so I can not feel like I am somehow missing out.

Bfast
    3 eggs, 1 oz cheese, coffee
    Lunch
    2 italian sausage links
    mixed green salad with EVOO and tomatoes

Snack
    1 oz turkey and 1 oz cheese

Dinner TBA
    Jill

Blog Entries
    Images

Distractions sounds like a good approach if it works. A treat that you CAN have also. How about not having any leftovers? A bit drastic but if that is what it takes???????????

This is a hard season generally since so many are sharing goodies everywhere. The socialization hardness of this gets to me sometimes. Sometimes I bring things I can eat... cheese, berries...dark chocolate or even low carb baking.
    So far I have just said no and not part taken in anything. At this point I am not even eating lowcarb treats (with the exception of my 5gr of Lindt 90 a day and it has to be eaten with a meal

I'm with you on the no lc treats. It is a slippery slope for me. I did send as much of the leftovers with the kids as I could, but the ice cream doesnt travel well, LOL. I got thru it and even though the stuff is still there I am NOT tempted today. Distraction seems to be working---I need to get out of the kitchen and away from TV. When I am sewing or painting, I can lose track of time and never feel the hunger. Luckily I have a number of projects in need of finishing right now so that will make this month infinitely easier. I also picked up some things that will make good leftovers for snacking this week.

Yesterday was
    Breakfast
    2 eggs, 2 sliced bacon (I eat this so often I finally made it a custom breakfast food so I can enter it quicker) and coffee

Lunch was out at Bahama Breeze so
    Cobb salad with lettuce, chicken, cheese, tomato, avocado and a slice of bacon with a side v & O dressing

DInner
    Sirloin 6 oz, and a side salad and roast cauli

Net carbs spot on 20 gr and about 1800 cals. Water was good at about 70 oz so a solid day. Was sewing all day so no lifting but I did walk a mile.
    Jill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast