Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: When you fall...get up again

• Display

Default Re: When you fall...get up again

Down 5 pounds!!!! only kidding. April fools! I am down another pound though. 224.6 today. That puts me at 29 down. For some reason walking at a moderate paces has really accelerated my losses. WHo knew? Also I think the routine of this Covid-19 quarantine has been creating good habits in me. I have the time to exercise at the same time each day. I am taking a 2 mile walk each afternoon. WHen I can run around and do other things, I let the exercise slide. Am being vigilant with the food. I know this mess could be an excuse to get depressed and sloppy but I am not having it. STaying on course. Hope whoever sees this ad reads this is well and taking proper precautions.
    Jill

Back in ONEderland as of 7/27/2020!

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.
    Current: 253.6/191.8/169 or a size 10 is the GOAL

Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

I used to walk a four minute mile, and I used to hike up and down mountains in HongKong. 20 years and moving to flat NJ has caused my leg muscles to deteriorate (And having a car back in my life, too) But since I have been walking I can see my speed slowly creep back up in spite of my bad knees. Did 3.25 miles in under an hour today. A week ago a mile and a half was a long walk and my pace was under 3mph. Nice to see the progress, plus it is getting the scale moving along!!!! Yay!
    Jill

I was No longer OBESE. Just Overweight. I want to be back there again and am on my way. Last time I went from 300 to 189.

Daily Checklist: 88 oz water daily - 90% of carbs from veggies - honoring dairy limits - weight work - cardio

Today I was feeling tired most of the day but I slogged through. Got in 100 oz water, 2 mile walk, battles the grocery store with mask and gloves on, and did 35 minutes of weights. Ready for bed tonight!!!
    Jill

Been walking 2-3 miles daily but it is tough with these knees. I am gaining speed slowly with practice. Today I had good music and pumped the pace up to a 3.5 MPH pace over 2.75 miles. Worked up a good sweat too. Scale has been sticking to 225.2 but it was down to 224.2 so I expect it will settle back down within a couple of days. Still doing PT and upper body at lower weights but the rib is healing (but slowly). Otherwise good and on track.
    Jill

checking in...nothing to report, scale today slightly up 225.4
    Jill

Missing liv's posts. Hoping she is OK. Still working at things. Weight about the same again today. Walked 2.5 miles at a 3.5 mph clip agaoin today and that feels good. ALso did an upper bpdy workout tonight. Still working at half weights and high reps. Am thinking I will stick with this for 2 weeks past the point when the rib feels normal, and will then switch back to lower reps and heavy weights again for the following 6 weeks. I think changing things up and alternating is working well. I do not seem to be losing ground and I am actually seeing some specific physical changes. SHoulders and collarbone more defined. Lower abdomen shrinking. Thights thinner, Butt tighter and higher. Batwings are disappearing -- they were horrific in January so I am really psyched about that. I have biceps. By summer I will have great arms for sleeveless shirts for a change. Down 2.5 pant sizes. SO this is working!!!!
    Jill

weight pretty much the same, leg hurting so today is a rest day.
    Jill

Weight inching back down. 225.4 Leg felt happy to have a couple days rest but I walked 2.5 miles today---can't lay off forever.
    Jill

Down to 223.6 officially 30 pounds down. Ten more and I am at halfway point to goal.
    Jill

Down a little more today. 223.2 Wore a shirt today that is 5 years old but brand new -- one of those "I'll get it now, I only have a couple of pounds to lose before I can wear it" purchases and now I can.
    Jill

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast