Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Atkins Journey Take two

• Display

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Atkins Journey Take two

ADBB was so much part of my Atkins journey Round One and starting Round 2 I feel like something was missing. Came back to read my old journal. It was interesting.

So it is week two of induction. I am following the 2002 Atkins book for now as last time.
    First week went well. I cannot deal with scales so I have given up on them trying to think of other ways to track my loss progress. For now. I am in ketosis. Can tell by my lowered appetite.
    I am doing two main meals and one snack for now. Being somewhat regemented. Suits me. I used the run bootcamps here once upon a time LOL

Looking around on the web I see the world of lowcarbing has totally changed.
    Everyone seems to be doing something called the Keto diet
    And they talk about Fat Adaption.
    I will try to find out what that is

If anyone are checking in, tell me where you are on your journey

I know this is pretty dead herebut it is still home for me I may be squatting or something
    Last edited by liv; October 16th, 2018 at 02:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Images

Default Re: Atkins Journey Take two

Keto Diet what is it
    I think it is what I used to know as the optimal diet where you ate a few carbs but also watched your protein. It is sort of based on the diet that John Hopkins used to treat overactive kids (was that it, I am talking from memory here) The diet is very high in fat relatively speaking. Fat bombs with everything. and it looks like most people are not very concerned about where their carbs are coming from on the diet as long as they are within their macros. (but grains, starches and sugars are out= They use a keto meter to determine how much protein they need and they only eat that much. They also make use of fasting quite a bit.

Years ago Spica sent me the KetoClarity book and I guess that book may have been the origin of making Keto the word of choice for everyone rather than low carb. I do like the high fat aspect of this approach.

Fat Adaption what is it
    Looks like it is a belief (and science?) that after a few weeks in Ketosis a person will be able to more effectively burn the body fat. So that means you can exercise or maybe skip meals easier because you draw on your fat reserves effectively. Very interesting. Sounds like a Nirvana of sorts for fat low carbers (which is me these days)
    Last edited by liv; October 17th, 2018 at 12:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Images

Logging on fitday. Looked around but still do not see anything as good as fitday. I guess many people do not turn to it now as it does not list net carbs. There are probably apps that are better for phone users But I find it very easy to deal with
    Main meal 1 was a meal I eat a lot Eggs, cheese, bacon, green onion, mushroom all cooked into a scrabmle of sorts. A veggie on the side, usually lettuce these days

Blog Entries
    Images

I think it is day 9. I ate more fat yesterday. It helped with feeling full and feeling good.
    Even if the board has died it has had a very long run. There is so much good information here. I read some really old threads yesterday and it was great inspiration. I hope the board stays around and that some people can find it and read some

This is the "good" Atkins approach

Hi Liv,

You are so right, There is soooo much good information here and much of it would be relevant even for keto people as well. I check in once in a great while and am always sad to see the minimal activity. I think people have moved away from forums in general, leaning to facebook or other social media. I'm a dinosaur without facebook, but a slimmer dinosaur thanks to this forum and the wonderful people who have participated. Good luck with your second journey, maybe others will chime in too and give you support along the way.
    ~Slim~

Blog Entries
    Images

Yeah if anyone peaks in just say hi. Great to hear from you Slim!!! You are an even older ADBBer than me. And here we still are checking in. Yeah this board was good!!

. Oh and meatballs on the menu today
    Last edited by liv; October 18th, 2018 at 10:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Images

Tried to find the chicken bread recipe here today. No luck
    It was "bread" made out of chicken. Not a lot of members tried it but I did and liked it. But cannot quite remember how to do it. Wonder if it is somewhere online.

ETA
    Found it. Someone copied to fatsecret (i am liv001 there if anyone cannot say hallo here) It was posted here by bunakiu in 2011
    Additional Description/Notes:
    Meat bread made with chicken from bunakiu's recipe

2 eggs + 1 egg white (separate egg whites from yolks).

To the yolks, you add, mixing well:

- one little boneless chicken breast, cooked and processed (like very little crumbs)
    - 1 teaspoon baking powder (one that has no carbs) *
    - and the condiments you like. I don't add any salt, but you can do it if you wish. I add 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, or sometimes I add 1/8 tsp. cinnamon or oregano. You can add anything you want, even parsley or garlic...whatever.
    - 2 tablespoons oil

In a clean bowl, you whip the 3 egg whites until they are very stiff. Then, you slowly and carefully add the mixture of the yolks, to the whipped egg whites, and mix well, with a large spoon. Slowly, so that you don't get the air out of the whipped egg whites. You put the mixture into a microwave-safe mold, or even a cereal bowl, and microwave for about 5 minutes, more or less depending on your microwave. I suggest you don't use full power in your microwave. I use 90%.

''''
    when i made this I microwaved in into a flat "bread" in a glass container. I used onionpowder in it
    Last edited by liv; October 21st, 2018 at 02:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Images

In my recent efforts to get back to this WOE, I have realized that not that many people are doing the Atkins diet anymore. Well, they are doing the Atkins diet but calling it something different. I wonder why that happened?

Blog Entries
    Images

Two weaks in. Kept to the rules fairly well. Feeling good. I am not doing scales so down the line I have to see if I go down sizes in clothes
    Will add avocado this week. Maybe wait of flax a little bit longer

Blog Entries
    Images

I wonder if I will be fat adapted or rather if I will know I am. It is pretty new concept
    I did some exercise today and really felt tired. I decided it is because I am not fat adapted. Nothing to do with being terribly out of shape

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast